Job Title: Development Services Specialist
Reports to: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday - Friday
This position has primary responsibility for ongoing reception, processing and input of gifts information, in a timely, highly accurate manner that follows organization accounting requirements and maintains the integrity of the donor database. Performs a variety of skilled administrative and clerical duties directly related to development activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives and processes, on a daily basis, all incoming donations: cash, checks, credit card charges, electronic fund transfers, etc., from a variety of sources including mail, SacSPCA’s online giving platform, and special events.
- Prepares coding input for direct mail and online giving campaigns
- Sorts and prepares all incoming donations, appropriately coding each to identify source or campaign
- Uploads all online donations and donor info from online giving platform into Raiser’s Edge
- Inputs donation information into Raiser’s Edge database.
- Frequently interfaces with and provides necessary documentation to SacSPCA Accounting staff for gift accounting, deposit and data reconciliation.
- Inputs data and generates acknowledgments to recipients and/or donors as appropriate for memorial gifts and keeps track of memorial records
- Responds to donor inquiries through correspondence, telephone contact, mail and email in a timely fashion.
- Performs ongoing maintenance in the database; updating donor records, removing duplicates, updating account codes, donation changes, etc.
- Assists and participates in SacSPCA informational and special events.
- Opens and distributes daily administrative mail.
- Develops effective working relationships with donors, volunteers and others to nurture their connection to our organization.
- Is committed to a high standard of safety and is willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules, and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Additional Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains a high level of communication with the Director of Development and assists in all administrative activities as needed.
- Participates in regular office duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be accurate and highly detail oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing priorities in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge highly preferred.
- Strong mathematical and bookkeeping skills highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of online fundraising platforms highly preferred.
- Skilled in using a variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office applications, and using and maintaining electronic files.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Two years of college course work in, business, management or equivalent experience and skill level.
- Two years of previous clerical and bookkeeping experience in an office environment.
- Any allergic condition that would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facilities, vehicles or equipment may be a disqualification.
- Must sit, stand, walk, bend and stoop frequently to perform duties. Have the ability to perform some strenuous physical activity, including lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 40 pounds alone for short distances.
- Due to the importance of the interface with donors, members and department staff, regular departmental working hours and days are required. Exceptions require Director approval.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
- By nature of the industry, there may be occasional exposure to dead, injured, sick, unruly, vicious, and/or dangerous animals in addition to exposure to parasites and to infectious diseases.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Either employer or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without notice and with or without cause.