Under general supervision of the Ticket Office Coordinator, responsible for processing ticket sales on facility’s ticketing system, troubleshooting any patron entry issues, and providing excellent customer service.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sell tickets to all events at the facility, including the Arena.
- Process single ticket sales at the ticket office and assist with group sales when requested.
- Answer questions concerning event schedules, event prices, and ticket policies.
- Balance all applicable transactions for the date of service and complete all necessary reports before departure.
- Reconcile cash and all monies, checks, vouchers, coupons, or credit cards received during daily sales.
- Research and troubleshoot ticketing transactions as needed to assist patrons with their entry to events.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Calculate mathematical computations and handle financial transactions rapidly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate computerized ticketing system and personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and one to three months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Event ticketing experience a plus.