NATURAL FIBER WELDING, INC.
Located in Peoria, Illinois, Natural Fiber Welding, Inc. (NFW) produces a scalable and sustainable universe of peerless high-performance materials created from abundant natural sources. NFW is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative ideas, and the desire to commercialize new products from nature and is comprised of a team of scientists, engineers, and business leaders that are inspired to impact the world. We are looking for exceptional talent who can contribute to our exciting and fast-paced, rapidly growing organization. This position is located on 6533 N. Galena Road.
Production Technician - Mirum
The Mirum Production Technician is a key role in defining and discovering the best way to produce NFW products on both pilot scale and full-scale production cells.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing the flow of product throughout production line
- Managing raw ingredient inventory
- Prepare ingredients for the production process; responsible for raw ingredients used in production
- Operate a wide variety of industry standard equipment used to create NFW products
- Perform quality control tests and operating QC equipment throughout the production process from the weigh room to the finished product
- Complies with all safety practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associates degree preferred
- Experience in a textile or rubber manufacturing industry is a plus
- Basic use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and email skills required
- Strong attention to detail is mandatory
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to adapt to ongoing change
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per shift
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent talking, hearing and seeing
- Frequent use of hands to grasp, handle, or feel; finger dexterity must be sufficient to feed yarn through small spaces and tie small knots
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching; must be able to stand up to 8 hours a day
- Regular stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Occasional climbing, typically on a stepladder
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to focus (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation
- Majority of the work is performed in a shop environment with moderate noise level
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.
NFW provides you with access to a telehealth benefit, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, critical illness, accident insurance, three healthcare plan options, a discretionary 401k plan and paid vacation and sick time.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position and current resume.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.