Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
The Fleet Leasing Specialist is responsible for the inventory management, distribution, and oversight of all tank trailer and ISO container leasing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Fleet Leasing Specialist is to maintain and control the location and status of each piece of equipment within the leasing business segment.
- Work with the various departments to ensure all areas of operations are in compliance with the company policies and guidelines.
- The Fleet Leasing Specialist will recommend changes to policies and conflicts to Vice President of Dedicated Services.
- Institute changes that are changed within the company and those not in conflict with Company policies.
- Work with the various operational business groups to ensure equipment needs or request are meet to aid in coverage and increase utilization of idle equipment.
- The Fleet Leasing Specialist will coordinate equipment repositioning as needed to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Plan, dispatch, and track various equipment moves.
- The Fleet Leasing Specialist will ensure optimal equipment utilization.
- Maintain customer relations and seek out new customer base for idle equipment.
- Support and maintain current customers and customer needs.
- Work with the sales department in regards to customer contacts, the need for customer contacts, and equipment availability to lease.
- Monitor accounts and work with the legal department to ensure contracts and agreements are kept current and review in a timely manner and adjustments made if needed.
- Oversee maintenance of the equipment.
- Handle all maintenance issues and setup routine maintain at prescribed intervals as required by the Company or by governing bodies, such as DOT and federal or state governing entities.
- Work with internal and outside shops to ensure equipment out of service or modifications is done and completed right and in a timely manner to meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- The Fleet Leasing Specialist will prepare monthly/weekly billing as prescribed in the leasing contract. Ensure that billing is correctly performed and in a timely manner.
- Ensure rail billing is in place on intermodal shipments.
- Handle and process all related expenses within the leasing company ensuring the expenses are coded and processed for payment.
- Work with the billing department to ensure all accounts are kept current and assist in bringing accounts current, in regards to accounts receivables and payables
- The Fleet Leasing Specialist reports to the VP of Fleet Maintenance.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of all Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ISO container and tank trailer equipment knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a distributed workforce
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player and get involved in all aspects of the business function
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) Plan
• Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
• 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accident
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability