About Cedar House Life Change Center
Come join our great team and help us to continue to provide high quality Substance Use Treatment. Use this exciting opportunity with Cedar House to develop your abilities in the rehabilitation field and grow in your career!
Cedar House Life Change Center (CHLCC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. What started as a small 12-bed alcohol treatment facility for men in 1973, named "Amigo House", is now a 125-bed treatment facility and we are growing! The staff at Cedar House is passionate and dedicate d to improving the lives of those suffering from Substance Use Disorders.
Cedar House was awarded Top Work Places in 2021 and is an excellent place to begin developing your skills in the treatment and rehabilitation of our clients. Our organization encourages our employees to grow in their positions and promotes from within. We have multi-tiered positions that enable qualified employees to promote into higher positions with higher pay ranges! We offer comprehensive benefits package (see below)!
DUTY STATEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Program Director, will assist in providing residential program services. Will cooperate with other staff personnel in the planning, evaluation, training and implementing process for program efficiency and client care.
- Carries a caseload; provide group and individual recovery services.
- Involved in community outreach work, education, and prevention presentation.
- Provide and update documentation necessary for residential program and client purposes.
- Collaborates with Residential Coordinator on residential program status.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Always enforce all house rules and regulations.
- Safeguard residents and visitor’s welfare always.
- May be required to attend court with client.
- Will pursue additional status/level advancement whenever possible.
- Maintain current Professional License/certification.
- Continue to acquire and update knowledge and skills necessary to address chemical dependency and related counseling issues.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as are assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed drug studies certificate program.
- Certified/registered under CAADE, CCAPP, or CADTP.
- One year experience work in a residential setting.
- Completed12 years of education or GED.
- Understanding the nature of alcohol/drug addiction and its recovery.
- If recovering from chemical dependency a minimum of 2 years of continuous sobriety.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Excellent Benefits to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan Company matched at $1: $1 up to 6% of Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Vacation 2 weeks accrued per year initially, then incrementally more with longevity
- Sick Leave 48 hours accrued for first year, then 48 hours of sick leave are provided at the beginning of each new year thereafter
- Holidays 12 paid per year
***The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable***