Job Title: Operations Associate
Department: Development, Finance & Administration
Type: Full-time, Regular
Reports To: Director of Development and Director of Finance & Administration
Location: Baltimore, MD
No. of Positions: 1
Revision Date: September 12, 2022
For more than 40 years, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps has engaged young people to serve in marginalized communities, fostering the growth of leaders committed to faith in action. JVC operates domestically and internationally and has a network of over 12,000 Former Jesuit Volunteers (FJVs). The current cohort of approximately 200 Jesuit Volunteers serve 33 communities in 31 U.S. cities. For more information, please visit www.jesuitvolunteers.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
50%: Development Duties:
- Gift Entry and Raiser’s Edge Database Maintenance
- Process donations daily
- Run acknowledgement letters
- Assist with fundraising appeals including hard copy and electronic mailings,
- Update constituent contact information in RE
- Coordinate with other functional areas, such as Finance, Communications and Program
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
50%: Administration & Finance Responsibilities:
- Open and scan mail daily
- Office management: order supplies, maintain equipment
- Support Area Managers with vehicle registration renewals and coordination of maintenance/repairs. Update and maintain JVC's vehicle log
- Update and manage computer inventory, work with IT service provider to prepare computers for new hires
- Support with Human Resources tasks as needed
- Other operations support items as they arise
- At least 2-3 years fundraising experience in a non-profit organization preferred
- Experience and comfort working in an environment with multiple simultaneous projects with a sense of urgency to meet critical deadlines
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and NXT is required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or nonprofit management preferred
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to advancing racial equity by engaging in dialogue and reflection to understand how individual, social and cultural racism manifests itself and the work we need to do individually and as an organization to be anti-racist.
- Must be resourceful, enterprising, and creative.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills evidenced by professionalism and courtesy in relations with a variety of stakeholders.
- Personal integrity and discretion; must maintain confidentiality of information.
- Current knowledge and use of Raiser’s Edge and NXT are preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Typical workday of 9 am – 5 pm. Overnight travel may be required 1 – 3 times per year.
- Comfort with Zoom/remote environment. While this position is located in the Baltimore office and requires in person accessibility, the majority of JVC’s staff work remotely.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual be able to:
- Exert minimal physical effort with intermittent movement going from one place to another.
- Withstand prolonged periods of sitting in meetings or at a desk working with a computer.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Required to have close visual acuity to perform extensive work on the computer.
- Must have the physical ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and perform daily activities from standing/sitting for presentations to operating a computer and other office equipment
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000
Complete an application and upload your resume and cover letter on JVC’s website at Careers (jesuitvolunteers.org).
Application Deadline: October 17, 2022
As an organization committed to advancing racial equity and inclusion, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps encourages applications from candidates of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, languages, and physical abilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.