Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. We provide labor market software, consulting, and data so our clients can make informed decisions that grow their communities and organizations.
For example, our technology:
- Helps economic developers understand their local industries and labor market.
- Allows workforce development practitioners to guide workers to high-wage, high-demand jobs.
- Assists educators in training their students for well-paying, in-demand careers.
- Helps site selectors choose the best site for their clients’ expansion or relocation by understanding the talent availability in competing locations.
- Allows staffing and recruitment firms to determine competitive wages.
We’re more than a technology company – we help our clients win.
Our employees are encouraged to think differently, ask challenging questions, and pursue what’s best for our clients.
We want our clients to make confident decisions. If you want to help communities and organizations thrive, you’ve come to the right place.
The Senior Economist is responsible for analyzing economic data and synthesizing reports that provide solutions for Chmura’s clients. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, an excellent writer, a strong presenter, nimble, able to multitask, and work well with colleagues and clients.
- Research local, regional, and national economic issues and provide consultation to solve problems. May make recommendations on future strategic initiatives and implementation.
- Manage projects internally and externally, ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner to the clients’ specifications.
- Engage with clients while performing research and analysis and while presenting findings.
- Support the development and application of economic models and the interpretation of results.
- Build reports and presentations that efficiently communicate Chmura’s findings in a clear format that is comprehensible by non-economists.
- Research, refine, and execute economic analysis methodologies based on existing best practices.
- Identify and evaluate requests for proposals (RFPs); scope, develop, compose, and refine proposals and statements of work (SOW) based on clients’ needs.
- Collect, organize, and evaluate data relating to economic issues for input in macro/regional models.
- Deliver presentations based on Chmura’s forecasts and best practice models.
- Lead complex research projects with multiple team members, coordinating tasks assignment, managing overall project progress.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, applied economics, or other quantitative fields with a strong economics background.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion in a timely manner.
- Experience in intermediate statistics/applied econometrics or forecasting.
- Excellent computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in Excel).
- Foundational knowledge of economics and strong quantitative skills.
- Skills in one of the statistical software packages, such as SAS, Stata, RATS, or R are required.
- PhD in economics or applied economics.
- Experience with economic impact analysis.
- Project management experience.
- Familiarity with labor market data.
- Experience with applying and communicating economic theory.
- Five years of work experience.
- Knowledge of R, Tableau, Visual Basic, Python, GIS, SQL a plus.