The Industrial Engineer provides management with recommendations to improve the utilization of personnel and equipment and to deliver increased output efficiency. Works with Maintenance and Engineering to support the Production Team in order to deliver the highest quality product at the lowest cost. The Industrial Engineer provides engineering expertise for conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, optimization and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates system integration -facility layouts, production systems design, manufacturing process design and facility design.
- Project Management - Design and implement new manufacturing processes to include equipment purchase and commissioning.
- Identify and prioritize process improvement project – lean manufacturing, engineering, economic analysis, process mapping, root cause analysis, six sigma.
- Provides input to process engineering as related to implementation of new production technology, processes, and product integration.
- Leads Continuous Improvement initiatives and LEAN training within Mirum manufacturing.
- Works all groups within the organization to optimize manufacturing process.
- Work hands on with maintenance others to troubleshoot equipment and build efficiency
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a field related to rubber processing (Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Rubber Engineering Technology, etc.) and 10 years of directly transferable work experience, or an equitable combination of education and experience as required to successfully perform the indicated tasks.
- Strong computer software experience
- 1 to 3 years working within a product development team, preferably rubber compounding.
- Working knowledge / 1 to 3 years operation of rubber manufacturing equipment, equipment implementation and processes development.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and Root Cause Analysis, working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Meticulous attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple people
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent talking, hearing and seeing
- Frequent using of hands to grasp, handle, or feel
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Vision at 20 inches or less
- Vision at 20 feet or more
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point
- Three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus
- Primarily operates in manufacturing environments
- Some of the work is performed in a shop environment where it may be loud, dusty, hot or cold
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- required to use personal protective equipment