Position Summary: Tahirih is seeking to hire a Community Engagement & Strategic Partnerships Manager to manage local partnerships and multi-sector stakeholder relations, collaborate on all existing foundation grants, identify and prioritize new funding opportunities, and cultivate supporter relations to lift donor response through individual giving and signature events.
This is a unique opportunity to further shape the strategic vision for local office growth and fund development. The Community Engagement & Strategic Partnerships Manager will play a key role in fundraising and will be critical to the overall success of the Greater DC office.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, participate in all aspects of constituent and donor relations including identifying potential donors and managing current relationships.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for donors, including working with local advisory council members.
- Prepare detailed annual fundraising plans, targets and calendar for local office and implement plan to reach increasing revenue goals in the context of local office growth.
- Represent Tahirih’s Greater DC office publicly and play a key, public-facing role for local office presence, constituent relationships, and strategic partnerships.
- Support Executive Director in targeted cultivation and relationship management with Tahirih supporters in the DC metro area.
- Assist in the conceptualization and implementation of new business partnership opportunities and initiatives, especially with law firms and corporations.
- Cultivate new and existing foundation, individual, and corporate donors that fund services provided by the Greater DC office.
- Collaborate with National Grants Manager and Executive Director to prepare high-quality grant proposals and reports.
- Manage the execution of an annual fundraising gala, including sponsorship solicitation, event logistics, budget monitoring, vendor management, and program production for a 400+ person event.
- Manage the execution of an annual work place giving campaign and creatively conceptualize, design and implement additional fundraising initiatives or events for the Greater DC office as appropriate.
- Collect, compile and prepare materials and information for presentations to decision makers, including regular donor reports.
- Manage development staff and interns
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices by regularly engaging in professional development activities, reviewing industry publications, and establishing a professional network of peer mentors.
- A minimum of five years of nonprofit development, revenue diversification and outreach experience, with at least three years of experience independently managing staff and/or significant events/campaigns.
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing innovative and creative fundraising strategies.
- Experience with budget management, financial tracking, and contract negotiations.
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Tahirih with the ability to serve as a compelling ambassador for the organization.
- Availability to work outside daytime business hours to manage events and represent Tahirih at external events as and when required.
- Successful track record in researching grant opportunities, writing letters of inquiries and proposals, and stewarding grant management processes.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and across teams.
- Ability to respond flexibly and graciously to unanticipated requests and assignments.
- Ability to build successful partnerships and negotiate effective agreements.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and strong database management skills – Salesforce experience considered a plus.
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation depends on experience. Generous benefits include fully-paid employee health, vision and dental insurance; a 401(k) defined contribution retirement plan; flexible work schedules; professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities. Employees have a very generous self-managed leave benefit inclusive of vacation, sick and holidays, including an office closure the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
About the Tahirih Justice Center: The Tahirih Justice Center is a growing national non-profit organization that supports the courage of immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services, community outreach and education and nonpartisan public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls seeking protection from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, honor crimes, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá’í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih’s 100 employees work from offices in the DC metro area, Baltimore, Houston, Atlanta, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Submissions: Please include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references.
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Tahirih Justice Center is committed to diversity, equity and unity as core values. We practice inclusiveness in decision making through consultation with employees throughout the organization. Tahirih seeks to hire and retain employees whose diversity reflects the communities we serve. We encourage candidates who are committed to equity and who are from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and identities to apply.