This position is responsible for the general repair of hosiery knitting machines to ensure first quality products are produced to company specifications.
1. Performs required/needed maintenance knitting machines to ensure machines are operating in good working order.
2. Addresses machine stops to keep machines operating efficiently.
3. Performs preventative maintenance as outlined in weekly PM sheets.
4. Follows proper procedures to ensure product is knit to specifications.
5. Sets up and sizes different styles/series on machines and ensures proper sizing to spec before released to production.
6. Supports the SIGVARIS quality system and quality policy by following work instructions, procedures and the accurate fulfillment of required forms to meet all internal and external requirements.
7. Assists the other teams on shift by helping when resources are needed.
8. Assists with the training of new personnel in the department.
9. Works toward meeting the production and quality goals as set by management.
10. Assists the knitter with yarn tickets, creeling, inspection and paperwork.
11. Performs miscellaneous tasks and jobs as directed by the Supervisor/Shift Lead.
12. Utilizes shift reports to address known stop issues of machines and the pro-active approach of addressing them.
13. Fosters positive morale among staff, by promotion of open communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment;
14. Demonstrates effective communication methods.
15. Follows established company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SIGVARIS policies, industry standards, ISO 13485 standards, 6S and Lean Manufacturing, and Federal, State and local laws.
16. Assists with the implementation of Lean/Kaizen initiatives or events in the department.
17 .Follows all work instructions, creates and maintains accurate records to meet all internal and external requirements to support the SIGVARIS Quality System and Quality Policy.
18. Accurately performs any other duties as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
This job operates in a manufacturing environment.