From day one, employees are made to feel valued as part of the ITC team. With respect for diverse perspectives, experiences, and talent, we’re proud to both develop from within and welcome newcomers, creating a dynamic group of individuals who expand our viewpoints. We encourage growth and value input from every team member. Entrepreneurial spirit thrives here, bringing innovations and unmatched energy to all we do. Together, we’re greater than the sum of our parts.
This isn't the same Engineering job that you're looking at with other companies. Here is where ITC differs:
- ITC develops and manufactures innovative products from the GROUND UP.
- We develop a wide range of products from relatively simple LED lighting to microprocessor controlled products that require engineers to be involved with hardware AND software.
- At ITC, you will enjoy a fun, collaborative environment with state-of-the-art development tools. We aren't afraid to invest in the equipment you need.
- Our engineers are rewarded for contributing to company patents.
- If you like a little play mingled in with all of that innovating, we have fun Engineering Team events outside of work, too!
- We don’t just say we offer a competitive benefits package – we actually do! Our 100% vested company 401k match and reduced health insurance contribution after 5 years create some real financial benefits.
- We are into helping YOU succeed with training, tuition reimbursement, and your own development plan.
Let’s dive into some perks that ITC provides (they’re pretty great if we do say so ourselves!) and then explore the nitty gritty.
DISCOVER A CAREER YOU LOVE
We offer paid time off, holidays, competitive health insurance with three plans to choose from, dental insurance, life insurance, a 100% vested 401k with match, short term disability, education reimbursement, performance incentive program, employer sponsored community involvement opportunities, company events, ITC Well-Being program, employee assistance program, and voluntary benefit programs including vision, long term disability, and additional life insurance.
Looking to learn, grow and advance in your career? At ITC, each employee gets 12 hours annually of paid job enhancement training completed during the work day.
We understand family commitments may lead to work interruptions. At ITC, you’ll have the flexibility to take care of important family matters. Plus, we offer hybrid work opportunities for our office team, making it easy to find the work-life balance you’re looking for.
Our team loves working hard and having fun! With frequent small events and company wide gatherings, we understand the importance of relaxation and team building. We’re big on respect, and we ensure a workplace free of any discrimination or exclusion.
ITC also teaches and uses the 5 Languages of Appreciation so we can recognize people the way that works best for them. We often hear it’s our culture that keeps people here. It’s kind of a big deal!
ABOUT THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER II OPPORTUNITY
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II SUMMARY
This is a Software Engineering role where the individual has some familiarity with Electronics and firmware. Responsible for conceptualizing and engineering software application solutions that enable new product designs for the RV, Marine, Automotive, and office furniture product markets. Role is part of a multi-national design team. Responsible for the development of software for the command and control of LED lighting and power distribution systems. Major responsibilities include the development of the initial design requirements, liaison with sales, engineering, marketing and lead in the development of software product designs. Participate in traditional electrical engineering design reviews. Organize the software requirements and software releases in alignment to other electrical design documentation and communications with the AITC design team located in Southern China.
THE CORE DUTIES OF THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
- Generation and/or oversight of conceptual product designs, lead design reviews, detail and communicate software designs.
- Research of new and emerging technologies for presentation of product ideas to the Senior Management Team.
- Assist in quoting cost and labor objectives for the product proposals and evaluate design alternatives.
- Perform Engineering studies for project timeline, performance, and usability.
- Author/Lead software development in conjunction with functional and electrical design requirements, communication protocols and overlapping stakeholders’ input.
- Collaboration with Project Engineering Team for launch of new products.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Develop action plans and monitor project schedules in relation to project commitments.
- Other duties as required.
ITC is a rapidly growing, family-owned business with a friendly, energized, and team-oriented work environment. By focusing on talented people, advanced manufacturing, and superior engineering, ITC has become a leader across our industries, creating thousands of products for customers who demand impeccable performance.
With a broad range of customers spanning the marine, RV, automotive, architectural, specialty vehicle, and workplace furniture industries, we’re experts in:
- RBG(W) lighting and control
- DC Power & Charging Solutions
- Vehicle Components & Accessories
- Global Manufacturing & Distribution
- Design & Engineering
Entrepreneurial spirit thrives here, bringing innovations and unmatched energy to all we do. From design, to production, to product performance, our solutions are shaped by our specialized experience and unique team.
Want more info? Visit our website to apply today.
JOB DESIRABLES AND REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of a BS in Computer or Software Engineering with demonstrative abilities in product design, and 5-10 years working experience.
- A portfolio of designs with a record of successful design implementations.
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and to exhibit the skills and competencies of the task will be considered in conjunction with educational achievements.
- A desire to work within a product development environment with a team that has a strong multi-industry design & engineering background.
- A strong background in the interplay of Electronics Design and Software/Firmware Development.
- Experience with serial communications, Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/RF communications.
- Fluent with C language programming
- Experience with Android/Apple applications and posting to the stores
- Visual Studio
- Cloud Programming/IOT a plus
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Some limited travel may be required.