Ascent Classical Academy of Douglas County seeks Lunch and Recess Aides for grades K-6 for the 2022-2023 school year. Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to providing an atmosphere that is intellectually stimulating, supportive, encouraging, and dedicated to preparing you with a deep understanding of our classical content-rich curriculum that trains the mind and improves the hearts of young people.
Successful candidates are disciplined, and motivated. They will support teachers in supervising the students and will help create a culture of virtue in collaboration with colleagues and in partnership with Hillsdale College's Barney Charter School Initiative.
- Assist with daily recess and lunch for the grammar school students
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment by actively supervising students
- Contribute to the moral and intellectual environment of the school
- Understand and adhere to the principles of classical education
- Communicate verbally and in writing clearly, precisely and grammatically
- Assist the teacher in requiring students to be respectful, attentive and participatory
- Be sensitive to problems as they are developing and intervene immediately
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school policies
- Punctuality and attendance
- Initiative and effort
- Professionalism in appearance and speech
- Cheerful attendance to other duties as assigned by the teacher or administration
Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to the intellectual and moral betterment of students and encourage teachers to take their own moral and intellectual improvement seriously as part of a supportive and excellence-driven culture. At Ascent Classical Academy charter schools, well-educated and articulate faculty utilize explicit instruction to convey real knowledge to students using traditional teaching methods. Teachers enjoy a wide array of resources as they create their own lessons within the content-rich curriculum to engage students in a positive and virtue-imbued learning experience in the liberal arts. General education grammar school teachers experience the joy of mastering the key elements of their instruction, such as explicit phonics, Singapore math, Core Knowledge history and science, and English grammar with support from peers within the school and other Ascent Classical Academy network schools.
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies partners with a network of classical charter schools based in Colorado delivering a content-rich curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences, with underlying principles in the Western tradition of the study of history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts. Our American Classical Education includes, among other things, the study of Latin; a rich examination of American literary, moral, philosophical, political, and historical tradition; and a school culture centered upon moral virtue, respect, discipline, and studiousness among students and faculty alike. Ascent Classical Academy charter schools currently serve approximately 1,700 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond.
Desired Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $16.00 - $18 per hour
Schedule and Classification: Part-Time (8-29 hours per week); Hourly; Non-Exempt
Option to work 1-4 days per week
Daily hours 8:45 till 3:00
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Retirement investment account available
Qualified candidates will demonstrate high moral character and embrace the virtues of a democratic society. They will also foster professional friendships with faculty and staff, seek collaborative relationships with parents, and mentor students in the pursuit of their own flourishing. These positions also require:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Dedication to enhance the school’s culture of excellence and seek the good of the entire team
- Desire to deliver prompt, courteous, and superior customer service of the school’s faculty, staff, administration, students and families