Under general supervision of the Director of Arena Event Services, perform work as needed to clean, maintain, prepare and execute events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, turf, hockey glass, dasher boards as well as, other related sporting event equipment. Setting staging, barricades, tables, and other furnishings and equipment related to concerts or family shows.
- Assist building engineers and subcontractors in construction, repair and maintenance of the building.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility) and working from various heights. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, Zamboni machine, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Operate portable radio.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Possess a valid driver's license and be able to legally operate a motor vehicle in the state of Georgia.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. and one to three months related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.