Title: Diabetic Program Coordinator
Base Salary Range: $45,760 - $52,000 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Diabetic Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day-to day operations of the Diabetic program at all sites. Works in conjunction with Nutritionist and Medical Provider to implement wellness initiatives and strategies to improve the health and well-being of patients.
- Responsible for running reports based on different services each diabetic should have, i.e. who needs nutrition consult, an HgA1c, optometry visit, foot exam, etc.
- Establish and maintain a variety of reports for the QI, Medical committee of BOD, and Senior management.
- Support all Quality improvement efforts in Diabetes care.
- Manage Medical nutritionist schedule for diabetes management and registered dietician team.
- Manage exercise classes schedule and cooking classes schedule.
- Send letters to patients that are lost to follow up, that have gaps in continuity of care (e.g. annual physical exams, labs), reminder letters of importance to participation in nutrition counseling.
- Works with DM clinician lead to coordinate diabetic classes for nutrition and exercise.
- Collaborates with Optometry Coordinator to ensure all Diabetic Patients get a yearly retinal eye exam.
- Collaborates with Clinical Registered Dietician to schedule patients to follow up with their PCP for medication adjustments, referrals to specialty care (e.g. Podiatry, BH counseling), Hba1c test, and other labs as needed.
- Coordinates, collects and review documentation related diabetes management sent by Clinical Registered Dietician to follow with patients for continuity of care
- Represents SCFHC in a positive, professional, responsible manner to staff, providers, case managers, and team members
- Participates in weekly and/or monthly conference calls with QI team members
- Prepares monthly reports to be submitted for Board of Directors meetings
- Research and access recipes for patients during nutrition/cooking classes
- Refer patients as indicated to specialty care for other aspects of diabetes management
- Sets-up diabetic management classes when in session
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- AA Degree required
- Medical Assistant (preferred)
- High School Diploma required
- Must have minimum 2 - 7 years of direct work experience required
- Bilingual/bi-literate English/Spanish preferred