At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for an Education Operations Specialist. This position is responsible for supporting daily procedures and operations for the Floor Staff Associate Team within the Education Department. The role also requires sourcing and maintaining exhibit consumables and functionality. The Operations Specialist also liaises with other departments within the Museum, including Exhibits, Facilities, etc.
Hours: Approximately 28 hours/week based on scheduling needs and maintaining a consistent weekly schedule. Other evening, weekend and special event hours may be required; schedule may vary to reflect staffing needs of Museum events and programs.
Rate: $18.50 per hour/$19.50 per hour with Bilingual language proficiency; Benefits package included with compensation.
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. Paid time-off for vacation, sick days and four holidays. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program, flexible spending account and short-term disability. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, discount to the Museum Gift Shop and Café.
- Support the Education team in daily opening and closing procedures; fill shifts on the daily floor coverage schedule, and clean and reset exhibits throughout the day as assigned.
- Monitor exhibits and Museum operations to ensure the floor and exhibit components meet standards of presentation, cleanliness and safety.
- Coach Education team members and volunteers to maintain a high level of presentation and safety on the Museum floor.
- Serve as a point of contact for Education Department staff on issues of repair and maintenance, and coordinate with both Exhibits and Facilities Departments respectively regarding maintenance and improvement needs within exhibits or public spaces. Utilize timely and thorough communication with Floor Staff Managers or appropriate staff to support coordination of general operations and needs.
- Assist Floor Staff Managers in timely rotations of exhibit consumables and donations.
- Assist with the sourcing, purchase and managing repairs and replacement of “off-the-shelf” consumables and materials, and first aid supplies and inventories for guest use. Evaluate durability and effectiveness of exhibit consumables and other play and learning materials, and consult with Exhibits team on custom materials and props.
- Provide occasional support to the Guest Services Department in maintaining café, gift shop and Front Desk operations.
- Maintain inventory of exhibits and Education Dept. consumables and supplies as needed.
- Maintain organized storage for exhibit consumable back stock materials.
- Experience working in a team setting
- Experience in customer service and/or early childhood education or related field
- Experience managing supply budgets and inventory
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Strong commitment to the Museum’s mission, vision and values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion
- At least 18 years of age
- Fluent English proficiency, strong writing and public speaking skills
- Spanish speaking and comprehension skills strongly desired
Please note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or submission of a weekly negative COVID-19 test results is required. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.