Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include best-in-class Managed Detection & Response powered by a Managed Open XDR platform. The company has a 24/7 Security Operations Center that monitors their own proprietary managed EDR software as well as supporting leadings network, cloud and identity solutions. Advanced threat hunting, defense validation and counterintelligence services provide additional layers of security. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
At Binary Defense, we use the latest technology to monitor security alerts and detect malicious activity at our clients. Our team performs initial triage and full Cyber Kill Chain + MITRE ATT&CK analysis as part of our investigations.
Our goal is to protect our clients from cyberattacks. As part of our team, you will work with our expert security staff to help us achieve this!
Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture (from anywhere in the continental United States) and flexible remote work options. For the fourth year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list! At the 2022 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Best Technology Solution” for the third year in a row. We’ve also been named “North American Partner of the Year” by AT&T Cybersecurity, providing best-in-class SIEM technology and service. Binary Defense recently completed a $36 million growth equity round of funding from Invictus Equity Partners to accelerate our growth and technology and service delivery offerings.
Binary Defense offers competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents, a 401k match which vests every payroll, a flexible and remote friendly work environment, as well as training opportunities to expand your skill set (to name a few!). If you’re interested in joining a growing team with great perks, we encourage you to apply!
About The Role:
· Binary Defense is actively recruiting Tier 1 (T1) SOC Analysts to work as part of our 24x7x365 SOC. Our SOC is 100% Remote. You will be provided with equipment to work remotely and will receive training on our clients, processes, and technologies.
· This role utilizes 10-hour shifts which are scheduled as 4 days on, 3 days off. All shifts run Sunday – Wednesday or Wednesday – Saturday. Shift start times vary.
· Candidates must be willing to perform shift-based work, allow for flexible scheduling, and demonstrate intuitive problem-solving and investigative skills. SOC Analysts work collaboratively to monitor/investigate security alerts, follow procedures for investigation/escalation, and interface with our clients as needed.
· SOC Analysts should have familiarity with the principals of network and endpoint security, current threats, vulnerabilities, and attack trends. Additionally, analysts should have a working knowledge of security principals and frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, etc. SOC Analysts must be competent to work at a high technical level and be capable of identifying threats and attack vectors.
Note: This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of all role responsibilities.
· Actively monitor and investigate security alerts to detect malicious activity at our clients during your shift in our 24x7x365 SOC.
· Perform Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK analysis on incoming security alerts.
· Follow documented procedures to properly triage and respond to identified malicious activity, such as escalation or remediation actions.
· Provide our clients with clear/concise written investigations within the Binary Defense service management system.
· Communicate and collaborate with Binary Defense clients through the lifecycle of all escalated security investigations.
· Contribute to general security operations across all clients in the Binary Defense portfolio, whether through escalations, regular meetings, etc.
· Participate in internal meetings, such as shift turn over, team meetings, etc. to collaborate with your fellow team members and perform knowledge transfer.
· Perform regular training to stay sharp on the latest technologies, methodologies, etc. (Binary Defense will sponsor this training).
· Stay up-to-date on the latest vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks around the world.
· Be a team player and interface regularly with your shift mates and colleagues.
· United States Citizen and reside within the Continental United States.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security or equivalent work experience.
· One or more Cybersecurity certifications.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Working knowledge of security principals and frameworks such as the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, etc.
· Previous work or classroom experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) platforms, such as:
AlienVault USM Anywhere [or] Appliance
· Previous work or classroom experience with Endpoint Protection platforms, such as:
· Willingness to learn and continually improve skills.