R&D Mechanical Engineer
US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative mechanical engineer to join our growing optical metrology product development team. You will join a small group of multi-disciplinary engineering staff and develop new and cutting-edge products for the Optikos product line.
A successful candidate has concrete and demonstrable engineering skills – a proven track record of development, analysis, and realization of his/her designs. We love to see examples of someone’s work and to dive into technical details!
· The primary responsibility for this role will be the mechanical design and development of optical metrology systems
· Hands-on work in the lab, including experimentation and prototype builds
· Eager to tackle the most challenging mechanical product design problems in the company
· Experience designing systems incorporating some or all of the following:
- High precision motorized mechanisms
- Flexures and kinematic mounts
- Designs integrating electronics (sensors, encoders, etc.)
- Functional and aesthetic designs
- Design for manufacture and ease of assembly
About Optikos Corporation:
For the last 40 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design, including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems, in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This in-office position is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts facility. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; graduate degree is preferred but not required
· Expert in the use of SolidWorks or similar CAD software
· Highly motivated individual with a proven track record (5+ years) of innovative work designing electro-mechanical systems and precision mechanisms
· Experience with electro-mechanics, opto-mechatronics and/or controls