Poseida’s Immuno-Oncology team is seeking an outstanding candidate who has a strong work ethic and wants to be a part of a collaborative, tight-knit, and exciting team. In this role, you will play a critical role in the evaluation, identification, and optimization of lead CAR technologies and will support preclinical as well as IND-enabling activities for Poseida’s allogeneic CAR-T cell pipeline. In this role, you will have a direct impact by developing a CAR-T product from beginning preclinical studies through IND-enabling studies which will drive Poseida’s mission to cure patients of cancer.
The Scientist will work with a team to develop new allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T programs and pursue exploratory efforts to develop the next-generation of CAR-T cell therapies. The Scientist will independently design, perform, and coordinate experiments for the development of CAR-T cell therapies against cancer. Investigation will focus on in vitro human cell-based immunoassays and the coordination of in vivo rodent models of malignancy. This is a critical role in the evaluation and identification of lead CAR technologies and will support preclinical as well as IND-enabling activities for Poseida’s CAR-T cell pipeline. The Scientist will work collaboratively and effectively with members of other cross-functional groups and be responsible for driving team efforts in a highly matrixed setting.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Design and perform experiments for development of off-the-shelf CAR-T cell therapies
- Assess activity of CAR-T cells with in vitro human cell-based immunoassays and coordination of in vivo rodent models
- Utilize creative thinking to interpret results and propose/implement new strategies to advance Poseida’s allogeneic preclinical pipeline and intellectual property
- Perform hands-on, laboratory-based experiments and training
- Manage one or more direct reports
- Work in a highly matrixed team environment to advance key preclinical programs
- Manage project timelines and coordinate cross-departmental efforts as necessary
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ph.D. in immunology, molecular biology, or related scientific field with 2+ years relevant industry experience preferred. Title will be commensurate with experience. Sr. Scientist must have at least 5 years of relevant industry experience and ideally some people management experience Title will be commensurate with experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Hands-on experience developing, testing, and/or utilizing CARs
- Broad expertise in cellular immunology, tumor immunology, molecular biology, and flow cytometry
- Expertise in the characterization, culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells
- A detailed knowledge of cellular and/or tumor immunology principles, technologies, and experimental techniques
- Experience with functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry and proficiency in FACS data analysis programs required
- Demonstrated track record in successfully developing and employing in vitro/in vivo models
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Salary Range for Scientist: $99,225 to $126,500
Salary Range for Scientist II: $126,000 to $154,000
Salary Range for Senior Scientist: $120,960 to $165,000
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience with the industry, education, geographic location, etc.
Who We Are and What We Do
Based in San Diego, Poseida Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing our unique and proprietary genetic engineering platform technologies to create next-generation cell and gene therapies with the capacity to cure. We are passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives with the development of our CAR-T therapies in various cancers and gene therapies for rare diseases. Our goal is to deliver potential single treatment cures for patients in need. Our portfolio of product candidates is specifically designed to overcome the limitations of current generation cell and gene therapeutics.
At Poseida we put people first. Our team is passionate about improving patients’ lives through innovation. See what our team has to say about our culture:
“My favorite part about Poseida is all the people that I get to work with. Everyone is so passionate about what we’re doing here and there’s so much camaraderie. It feels like one big enthusiastic family.”
“My favorite part about working at Poseida is the amazing culture and working environment. Everybody is friendly, professional, collaborative, and has a remarkable can-do and positive attitude.”
As we advance our compelling pipeline, there are endless opportunities for impact and growth. We encourage you to apply today!