The Class A Truck Driver is responsible for performing a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans. This position will be responsible for dropping off and picking up trailers at the customer locations, hauling in scrap from internal and external sources, and delivering scrap to external partners. Truck drivers are the face of Harmon Scrap Metal on the road and must provide excellent service and conduct themselves in accordance with the company's core values. We have 4 different locations our drivers could be based out of; Cornersville, TN, Columbia, TN, Hazel Green, AL, & Athens, AL.
ABOUT HARMON SCRAP METAL
We are Harmon Scrap Metal, we recycle by processing scrap metal, and we are growing by the day. Our mission is to empower people to recycle the past to impact the future. We are intentional and disciplined in our pursuit to see every team member reach their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Our core values, Discipline, Trust, Accountability, Alignment, and Adaptability, are the backbone of our business. They guide our hiring process and daily operations. We are transparent and results-oriented in all we do.
- Conduct all pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections daily
- Completes an efficient delivery and pick up route for the day
- Maintain all required paperwork such as driver manifests and hours log according to state and federal regulations
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and complete required training
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Provides outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations
- Maintains all required certifications required by DOT
- Adheres to all OSHA, company and FMCSA safety programs, rules and requirements
- Maintains and protects all company property
- Communicates effectively with management, dispatch and all co-workers
- QSEHRA Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- PTO Program
- Retirement Plan
- Professional Training & Development Opportunities
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Harmon Scrap Metal recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The sorting and processing of scrap metals involves using permanent magnets and electromagnets, creating magnetic fields, which can interfere with electronic medical devices like cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Ability to drive safely.
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps
- Ability to maintain basic e-logs and records
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of driving experience
- CDL Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record
- At least 25 years of age
- Be insurable and have no more than 3 citations for moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Crouch and squat for pre- and post-trip inspections
- Able to pass DOT physical, drug screen, road test, and basic backing skills test