Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include best-in-class Managed Detection & Response powered by a Managed Open XDR platform. The company has a 24/7 Security Operations Center that monitors their own proprietary managed EDR software as well as supporting leadings network, cloud and identity solutions. Advanced threat hunting, defense validation and counterintelligence services provide additional layers of security. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture (from anywhere in the continental United States) and flexible remote work options. For the fourth year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list! At the 2022 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Best Technology Solution” for the third year in a row. We’ve also been named “North American Partner of the Year” by AT&T Cybersecurity, providing best-in-class SIEM technology and service. Binary Defense recently completed a $36 million growth equity round of funding from Invictus Equity Partners to accelerate our growth and technology and service delivery offerings.
Binary Defense offers competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents, a 401k match which vests every payroll, a flexible and remote friendly work environment, as well as training opportunities to expand your skill set (to name a few!). If you’re interested in joining a growing team with great perks, we encourage you to apply!
Overview of Role:
Binary Defense has an open position for a Security Engineer in our Client Services and Support division. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the architecture, deployment, configuration, and management of separate Azure Sentinel instances for our clients as well as the responsibility of security use-case development and alert configuration within Azure.
Security Engineers work closely with our clients as well as our SOC analysts to ensure systems and alerts are properly configured and understood appropriately for accurate alert escalation. Security Engineers must demonstrate intuitive problem-solving skills, have proficient information security knowledge, as well as a strong broad technical background.
- Architecting, administrating, and maintaining Azure Sentinel instances for clients as well as internal instances
- Evaluating applications within a client environment and prioritizing critical data sources based on Security value and license impact
- Provide guidance on types of logs/events to collect from devices that will be most useful for security purposes
- Determining best method for log collection and assisting clients with forwarding Security logs to specified SIEM platform
- Satisfy client needs during implementation process
- Participate in weekly project meetings, both internal and client facing
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator to ensure projects stay on track and critical tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call schedule
- Other duties, as assigned by direct manager
- Hands on experience in managing, configuring, and deploying Azure Sentinel in a professional environment
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge in various areas of information security and their best practices. Current working knowledge of threats and how to detect them would be ideal
- Solid foundation of IT knowledge and familiarity with system administration of Windows and various networking technologies
- Experience with Query Languages preferably KQL
- Solid experience with PowerShell, and other scripting languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills