Division/Department: Food and Beverage
Job Title: Front of the House Manager
Reports To: Food and Beverage Manager
Type of position: Exempt/Salary
Employee Classification: Regular
Location: Bryson City, NC
Compensation: $42,000 - 47, 000
Job Summary: The FOH manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations, management, and coordination of the FOH staff which includes the servers, attendants, and onboard concessions staff. FOH manager ensures that guests receive a warm welcome and that service runs smoothly and uninterrupted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Front of the House employees including but not limited to scheduling, training, and general supervision.
- Participates in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminations for the Food and Beverage department.
- Responsible for daily deposits, balancing drawers, and correct operations of the POS system.
- Providing excellent customer service to guests and excellent leadership to all employees.
- Work closely with the Back of the House Manager to provide a seamless experience.
- Creates and maintains department schedule to ensure all positions are staffed adequately while managing labor.
- Oversee and ensure compliance to dress code, practicing good personal hygiene, safety rules, operating rules, company policies, and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with GSMR policy, procedures, and safety program including safety rules, and operating rules.
- Ensure sales objectives are met with the operating budget.
- Enforce and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local health, safety, and sanitation standards/regulations.
- Monitor and document personnel actions that may require a promotion, lay-off, termination, coaching, or other disciplinary action.
- Conduct formal and informal staff evaluations as requested while providing performance feedback on a consistent/continual basis.
- Plans, organizes, and directs all the food and beverage department activities to ensure the goals and objectives are reached and consistent with established company policies and procedures. Periodically perform audits of employee processes including taking orders, mixing drinks, cash handling, counting down drawers, cleaning, route narration, and customer service.
- Work closely with the Special Events Manager to coordinate, plan, and execute all aspects of food service for special events to the highest standards. i.e., Uncorked, BBQ and Brews, and the Polar Express.
- Direct, oversee, and accomplish all special projects requested by GM and/or AHR/GSMR senior management
- Other duties as requested by VP/GM, and/or AHR/GSMR senior management
- Work on and off the train in varied terrain in all weather during both daylight and dark hours.
- Good balance/equilibrium: walk on moving trains, graveled, uneven, and/or sloped surfaces that may be wet/slippery while carrying supplies.
- Utilize and operate general office equipment, Square POS system, and various kitchen equipment including but not limited to Wi-Fi devices, golf cart, PA system, cash register, Word, Excel, Email, meat slicer, two-way radio, and printer/copier/scanner.
- Varied schedule throughout the year dictated by train schedule and departmental need.
- Works directly with the public.
Education, Skill, and Work Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English, possessing good leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to manage people.
- 2-4 years experience as a restaurant manager or F&B Manager
- 4-year college degree preferred in Hospitality, Culinary Arts, Food Service or Business Management.
- Must have strong knowledge of food, preparation, and trends.
- Must have an understanding of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations.
- Must have strong knowledge of wine, liquor, and beer, with the ability to bartend.
- Must have an understanding of the State of North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Commission’s Responsible Alcohol Seller Program (RASP). Current certification preferred.
- Must have accurate cash handling, credit card (PCI/security), and billing knowledge.
- ServSafe certified or the ability to achieve in 90 days.
- Flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the ability to uphold consistent standards and accountability.
- Must possess organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while prioritizing workload with a practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Ability to pass pre-employment DMV check, background check, and WorkSteps physical evaluation. Ability to pull, push, or carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate successfully with a variety of personalities and function effectively as a leader of a team.