CASH MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST POSITION SUMMARY
The Cash Management Specialist is responsible for generating deposit growth and fee income by assisting in the development of new business relationships and expansion of existing relationships through a professional and consultative sales approach. Responsible for the direction, sale and support of cash management services to business clients. Portfolio typically consists of clients with large, complex banking relationships, utilizing multiple cash management products and services.
CASH MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop strategic sales plans and promote sales through regular client meetings and discussions covering new products, market and industry developments.
2. Responsible for sourcing new relationships and proactively developing new business within an identified portfolio or market area.
3. Manage a growing portfolio of cash management clients. Train clients on utilizing selected products and provide ongoing support. Ensure portfolio adheres to policy guidelines on risk, diversification, and liquidity.
4. Performs analytical analysis pertinent to service changes, balances, contractual agreements, etc. in support of sales efforts by bankers, as well as preparing monthly and quarterly management reports for profitability analysis.
5. Provides solution training and ongoing education to branch and other team members who engage with commercial prospects and clients.
6. Leads pricing and negotiation discussions with the client for deposits and cash management products to optimize relationship profitability for the portfolio.
7. Provide a high level of customer service by assuring that the products meet the client’s expectations. This position will act as a liaison between the client and the operations area to make certain all client needs are met.
8. Responsible for new product and service setups for Cash Management clients including, Online Banking, ACH, Wire, Remote Deposit Capture and similar services.
9. Assist clients with routine sales inquiries (answering questions on products, processes, and procedures), research, investigations, wire transfers, etc.
10. Makes recommendations to bank leadership on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business, relevant industry verticals, growth opportunities and market conditions. Implements change in response to shifting conditions and evolving client needs.
11. Performs key client annual reviews, which will include Cash Management, Corporate Cards and Merchant products, pricing and operational risk updates.
Identify, manage and mitigate operational and financial risks associated with the delivery of cash management solutions.
12. Participates in weekly sales meetings and frequent daily travel to other office locations required.
CASH MANAGEMENT SPRECIALIST ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years’ experience or an equivalent of combined education and relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Bank regulations and Business Services products and services
- Certified Treasury Professional preferred; not required
- Knowledge of banking deposit operations processing
- Knowledge and advanced understanding and application of comprehensive commercial payment solutions, including Cash Management Services, Business Credit Card and Merchant Services
- Proven relationship management and business development abilities.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, understand procedures, and speak clearly to Clients and employees
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures
- Exhibit patience; remain personable and provide a positive experience
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.