Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: HYBRID work arrangement available
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The Human Resources Coordinator functions in a highly responsible and visible position supporting ICP’s human resources on-boarding, recruiting and payroll functions for the organization. This position plays a vital role in ensuring that payroll is processed correctly, efficiently, and on time. The Human Resources Coordinator handles confidential information; and interacts frequently with staff, faculty, and vendors. The Human Resources Coordinator must have the capacity to work independently and to function in an extremely reliable, organized, and detail-oriented manner, and with enthusiasm and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for up to 200 exempt, non-exempt and faculty employees using Paylocity; to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Administer the automated payroll submissions form
- Route New Hire, Rehire, and Change of Status forms for signatures using Adobe Sign
- Input all bi-weekly payroll earnings for Faculty, Guest Speakers, and/or Miscellaneous payments
- Organize all payroll requests, by pay group, in preparation for payroll processing
- Administer time keeping system and PTO (Paid Time Off) for all employees ensuring proper setup and an appropriate approval process.
- Review time cards on a weekly basis for missing punches, approvals, and labor allocations and coordinate with Payroll managers to ensure proper processing
- Respond to employee questions concerning paycheck, deductions, and PTO/holiday time and other administratively related questions
- Review pending time off requests and remind payroll managers to approve
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll reports and route for review
- Prepare and process bi-weekly TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity) submissions and reports.
On-boarding and Recruiting (50%):
- Initiate new hire and re-hire on-boarding
- Coordinate and verify completion of on-boarding tasks for all new hires via Paylocity.
- Review completion of Tax Withholding
- Verify Direct Deposit Set up
- Verify Completion of Anti-Harassment Training, Handbook acknowledgement
- Completes Form I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Coordinate additional on-boarding including welcome e-mail, notice of benefits orientation, and other new hire enrollments
- Perform help desk related tasks for all Paylocity modules including, Onboarding, Recruiting, Time and Labor, and general Paylocity user access
- Facilitate and implement all phases of the recruitment process
- Prepare recruitment materials and post all jobs to Job Target and other job boards
- Meet regularly with hiring managers to review candidates and adjust search
- Coordinate all active talent sourcing through LinkedIn and other sourcing tools.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc.
- Assist in screening applications and selecting qualified candidates as requested by hiring managers
- Schedule interviews; oversee preparation of interview questions and interview evaluations and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assist with integration to ICP’s culture, processes, and procedures
- Maintain confidential personnel files – both hard copy and computerized
- Respond to all requests for employment verification with 48 hours (about 2 days) of receipt
- Assist with special meetings -- reserve appropriate space, ensure set-up is complete, distribute handouts, arrange for and test AV, take notes, and obtain refreshments
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Minimum one year's experience working in an office environment preferrable in Human Resources and or Payroll related function
- Customer service experience (cultural organization, retail, etc.) preferred
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Has strong proficiency with HR or Payroll systems including knowledge of payroll systems, tax set-up, and proper work authorization.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet-based research, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal. Must have strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem solve.
- Able to work in a sensitive environment where confidentiality is essential
- Able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through
- Solid administrative skills, including proofreading, data entry, filing, bookkeeping, etc.
- Should possess high energy and creative problem-solving skills
- Should enjoy working both independently and as a team member
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality and a high level of productivity in shared quarters.
- Communicate and exchange information with employees and vendors.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment such as copiers, printers, and shredders.
- Remain in a stationary position and, at times to move throughout the office to access file cabinets, and office equipment.
- Handle, control and retrieve and file paperwork and files.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- FULL COVID-19 Vaccination Required
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered