Competitive Compensation Package & eligible for Sign-On/Relocation Bonus
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; possibility of occasional Saturdays
Who We Are
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health and dental care, as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
Safety is our priority through the Covid-19 pandemic. To learn more about what we’re doing to ensure the safety of patients and staff, please view the following website: https://unitycarenw.org/safe/.
What We Value
We have an inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
Our medical clinics provide primary & preventive health care to people of all ages. As a medical home, we're committed to a patient-centered care team model that engages patients & their families in their care. We integrate behavioral health services with medical care for a more holistic approach, and we provide case management to help patients access other community resources they need to be healthy. With an onsite pharmacy, providers can work closely with pharmacy staff to make filling prescriptions faster & easier, and dental services are also onsite to fulfill patients' dental needs. As a full-time Primary Care Provider, you would work 36 patient-contact hours per week at our Bellingham, WA, facility providing comprehensive primary care to your diverse panel of patients, many who may be underserved.
What We Offer
- A friendly and collaborative team environment
- Outpatient clinic only
- A modest call schedule providing phone support to 3rd parties, never directly to patients
- A robust orientation followed by a ramp up period
- A fully implemented EMR system (AthenaPractice, formerly Centricity) with one-on-one training
- Support staff in the areas of nursing, on-site behavioral health, medical records, EMR/IT, case management, referrals to specialty care, & referrals for patients seeking health insurance
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Six paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after 1 year of eligibility
- Life Insurance
- Malpractice insurance via the Federal Tort Claims Act - learn about this at FTCA Frequently Asked Questions | Bureau of Primary Health Care (hrsa.gov)
- Continuing Education (days & funds) and reimbursement of state license, DEA & board certification fees
- Alternative transportation incentive
- Healthy Living reimbursement benefit
- Eligible to apply for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) which, if awarded, provides tax free funds to pay towards eligible student loans for a 2-year commitment (view the details at http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
- Eligible to apply for loan repayment through the Washington Student Achievement Council which, if awarded, provides funds to pay towards eligible student loans for a 2 or 3-year commitment (view the details at http://www.wsac.wa.gov/health-professionals)
- Eligible to apply for loan repayment via the Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program for NPs-for information see https://bhw.hrsa.gov/funding/apply-loan-repayment/nurse-corps
- Graduation from an approved school of medicine as a DO or MD
- Completion of Family Medicine residency
- In good standing with the board of licensing in the state(s) where licensed
- Certified in Family Medicine
- Family Practice experience in an outpatient setting
- Experience in a community health center setting or similar role providing care to underserved populations
- Experience working as an independent practitioner with patients who have complex co-morbidities including hypertension, diabetes, mental illness, chronic pain, and substance abuse
- Experience with children and women's health
- Experience working with individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and socio-economic levels, treating them with sensitivity and respect
- Proficient with Electronic Medical Records
Candidates who meet the requirements who have applicable experience or similar qualifications are encouraged to apply!
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to 80,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
If you are passionate about helping everyone have the opportunity to live their healthiest life, please visit our Careers Page to apply at Bellingham Job Openings | Community Healthcare Jobs (unitycarenw.org) or contact Tami Livingston, Provider Recruiter, at email@example.com or 360-752-7407. For news on our organization & future job postings, please follow us on LinkedIn at https://bit.ly/363mfhv!
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires all employees to receive annual flu immunizations. UCNW also requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a vital public health measure that has truly been life-saving. We are proud of the leadership role we have played in protecting our community from this devastating virus. Following CDC and state guidelines, we have granted a very limited number of exemptions for employees who qualify.