About Foundation Source
Foundation Source is the nation’s largest provider of foundation management services and a trusted source for philanthropic expertise. We offer purpose-built software applications and a configurable suite of tech-enabled administrative, compliance, tax and advisory solutions for private philanthropists and their foundations.
For more than two decades, Foundation Source has been empowering people and companies to create a better world through philanthropy. We work with individuals, families, boards and professional advisors to bring philanthropic visions to life and make giving easier. Today we are proud to support more than 2,000 unique foundations representing over $22 billion in charitable assets.
The Managing Director of Sales will marry business development and philanthropy to build the market for and sell our solutions for private foundations. This newly created role will expand our national footprint and is strategic to our growth plans for Arizona and Nevada. The Managing Director will join a seasoned sales team and mature company as we continue to grow our business through our purpose-built software and services.
The ideal candidate is tech savvy, experienced in sales, and grounded in philanthropy, with established professional networks in North Carolina and Tennessee. As an engaging, stimulating communicator, poised and capable of projecting enthusiasm and warmth, the Managing Director will guide the sales process confidently toward the goal/close. The Managing Director will have a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done, with an emphasis on working with and through people in the process. A growth mindset and flexibility are essential.
Business Development and Sales (90%)
- Grow sales revenue and hit corporate goals
- Execute on Sales and firm-wide initiatives
- Grow your knowledge of the philanthropic sector and private, non-operating foundations
- Serve as the primary contact for business development in Arizona and Nevada
- Position value proposition, services, technology and fees to close sales
- Build and maintain positive, trust-based relations with influencers, stakeholders, and decision-makers to cultivate referrals
- Participate in events, speaking engagements, webinars, presentations, networking gatherings, or education sessions to expand referral sources
- Work closely with Business Development Representatives on coordinated lead generation efforts and actively work qualified leads
- Share best practices and partner closely with the Sales team on success stories and strategies for increasing business
Sales Operations (10%)
- Manage sales cadence for a high-performance practice that effectively progresses opportunities through the sales funnel stages
- Use Salesforce.com and to record all sales activity and manage pipeline
- Generate proposals and contracts to close sales
- Generate sales reports
- 8-plus years of experience as a sales specialist for financial, legal, family office or philanthropy services
- Proven results in a quota-oriented sales environment
- Critical, strategic thinker who can also focus on details
- Leadership experience a plus
- Team player
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while prioritizing objectives to achieve maximum results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Located in an Arizona or Nevada metro market
- Ability to maintain a home office
- Ability to travel without restrictions
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced degree Preferred