The Inbound Inspector supports the yard by inspecting all inbound materials verifying everything is in compliance with company policy as well as federal, state, and local laws and guidelines before receiving it. The Inbound Inspector is also responsible for the safe and efficient movement of traffic in and around the yard while maintaining clear professional communication with customers, truck drivers, and fellow team members.
ABOUT HARMON SCRAP METAL
We are Harmon Scrap Metal, we recycle by processing scrap metal, and we are growing by the day. Our mission is to empower people to recycle the past to impact the future. We are intentional and disciplined in our pursuit to see every team member reach their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Our core values, Discipline, Trust, Accountability, Alignment, and Adaptability, are the backbone of our business. They guide our hiring process and daily operations. We are transparent and results-oriented in all we do.
- Inspect all incoming material to ensure it meets company quality and safety standards
- Guide traffic flow in and out to maintain efficient and safe traffic pattern while maintaining communication with the scale house
- Communicate directly with customers and truck drivers directing them to the appropriate areas
- Communicate with truck drivers, retail customers, and operators to make sure materials are unloaded safely
- Make appropriate decisions about commodities purchasing and/or rejections and deductions
- Enter all appropriate information into the software immediately upon inspection
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and complete required training
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- QSEHRA Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- PTO Program
- Retirement Plan
- Professional Training & Development Opportunities
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Harmon Scrap Metal recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The sorting and processing of scrap metals involves using permanent magnets and electromagnets, creating magnetic fields, which can interfere with electronic medical devices like cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Ability to communicate effectively with retail customers, truck drivers, and scale house in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate using hand signals and two-way radios
- Ability to learn laws and regulations governing scrap metal purchasing
- Ability to make decisions regarding the quality of metals that are received in accordance with company policies
- Ability to use a tablet to enter information into software efficiently
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma/GED
- Knowledge of ferrous and nonferrous metals preferred
- Experience working in a Scrap Yard preferred
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods on uneven surfaces
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull a minimum of 80 pounds
- Work environment involves frequent and/or regular exposure to natural and unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises