The Non-Ferrous laborer supports the non-ferrous kiosk buyer by sorting all inbound non-ferrous materials purchased by the non-ferrous buyer into the correct bins, assists with inventories, processes non-ferrous scrap metals and helps prepare material for shipment. The non-ferrous laborer must communicate clearly and professionally with customers, truck drivers, and team members and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
ABOUT HARMON SCRAP METAL
We are Harmon Scrap Metal, we recycle by processing scrap metal, and we are growing by the day. Our mission is to empower people to recycle the past to impact the future. We are intentional and disciplined in our pursuit to see every team member reach their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Our core values, Discipline, Trust, Accountability, Alignment, and Adaptability, are the backbone of our business. They guide our hiring process and daily operations. We are transparent and results-oriented in all we do.
- Sort, weigh, and prep non-ferrous materials as they are purchased
- Buying, identifying, and grading non-ferrous metals
- Identify non-conforming or unacceptable types of scrap metal
- Operate small material handling equipment such as sit down forklift or skid steer
- Clean and maintain work area
- Assist in the yard as needed
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and complete required training
- Performs other related duties as defined by management
- QSEHRA Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- PTO Program
- Retirement Plan
- Professional Training & Development Opportunities
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Harmon Scrap Metal recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The sorting and processing of scrap metals involves using permanent magnets and electromagnets, creating magnetic fields, which can interfere with electronic medical devices like cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and display a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Basic math and computer skills
- Must wear all necessary PPE while working or while in the yard
- Follows company safety standards at all times
- Willing to learn, be adaptable, and be self-motivated
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Forklift certification preferred
- Previous experience working in a construction/general labor position is a plus
- Knowledge of metals is a plus
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of times on uneven surfaces
- Ability to lift, push, or pull a minimum of 50 pounds
- Frequently climb up and down ladders; crouch and bend at the knee; stoop or bend at the waist; reach arms overhead; and twist and turn at the neck and trunk
- Continually handle and grasp levers and dials; continuous leg and foot motion when using pedals
- Work environment involves frequent and/or regular exposure to natural and unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises