Join a dynamic, fast-paced, inclusive and supportive workplace focused on high quality services to children and families in our community.
Salary: Starting at $17.09/hour
This is a part-time, 15-25 hours per week position. Hours are mostly 2:30 pm -7:30 pm.
Hands Across The Water is a licensed, non-profit child placing agency. Our Foster Care Program provides a temporary care for children with a goal to reunify families safely.
The Visitation Specialist provides support services for children in foster care and for their families through ensuring safe and positive visitation opportunities. Visitation Specialist/Case Aide services involve transporting for, and supervision of parenting-time visitation at the agency or other designated community location, including correctional facilities. Observation and parenting coaching/intervention as needed with birth parents during parenting-time visits. Visitation Specialist/Case Aide is responsible for ensuring the safety of the child during supervised parenting-time visits, documenting visit progress as well as providing transportation to and from visit for the child(ren).
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Transport clients to agency scheduled activities as assigned.
2. Transport children to and from appointments and visits as assigned.
3. Coordinate supervised parenting-time visits with the foster care workers, foster parents, biological parents or other relevant caretakers.
4. Communicate with persons served, other agencies, co-workers, etc.
5. Monitor/supervise visitation and document according to agency policy.
6. Provide feedback, visit coaching to parents to improve parent-child interactions.
7. Communicate concerns regarding visits to foster care worker and/or supervisor.
8. Perform approved administrative or supportive tasks such as scanning of documents, filing, pick-up and delivery of items to families, community providers or courts in support of case related activities or agency needs.
9. Assist with agency needs, including events or special initiatives as assigned.
10. Provide services in a manner which empowers clients and follow professionally recognized standards of ethical practice.
11. Participate in monthly meetings with supervisor.
12. Attend agency staff and department team meetings.
13. Participate in agency trainings as directed.
14. Complete at least 16 hours of job-related training per year as specified in the Personnel Manual or as required by the State contract.
Hands Across The Water is committed to making proactive efforts to recruit and retain personnel who reflect the diverse identities and experiences of the communities and families we serve. We strongly encourage the following groups to apply: people of color, individuals who have experienced poverty or economic hardship, people who identify as LGBTQ and those with lived experience in the foster care system or adoption triad.
Hands Across The Water does not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, or a matter directly or indirectly related to employment, because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political beliefs or mental or physical disability.
The Visitation Specialist shall hold a minimum a high school diploma. Some college or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work or a related human services field is preferred. Appropriate candidate for this position must have the ability to handle stress well, have the ability to be an active listener, possess strong safety assessment skills, be flexible and able to handle change and be a team player yet able to work independently. Candidate should be able to multi-task, and maintain follow-through on all assigned duties. Knowledge of car seat safety and proper installation desirable. Strong written and oral communication skills, professionalism, organizational skills, comfort and experience working with children and families is necessary.
Candidate may not have been convicted of child abuse or neglect, a felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire or be listed on the central registry as a perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect. The Visitation Specialist/Case Aide shall possess a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, positive driving record and proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.