HGC is actively seeking a solution driven Project Manager. This opening will be part of the Project Management team that works closely with our Estimators, Project Administrators, and field operations teams. This position is responsible for managing highly complex and detailed construction projects while staying on schedule and meeting the client’s needs from project start to close.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Evaluate and analyze project needs to determine effective and efficient solutions that keep project on budget and on schedule.
· Meet with Pre-Construction team at project kick-off and build job schedule and cost forecast.
· Obtain project material submittals from subcontractors and vendors and prepare submittal packages.
· Create and issue subcontracts in accordance with project budget.
· Review and approve all invoices associated with your projects on a weekly basis.
· Track drawing changes and assist preconstruction team with pricing changes. Create RFCs for additional work.
· Assist leadership with developing a plan to construct each project from start to finish. The project manager will need to communicate the plan to internal resource groups and trade partners so the necessary resources and materials can be scheduled accordingly.
· Procure materials required for each project.
· As necessary, meet with inspectors and coordinate all required inspections needed for the project.
· Initiate permit process and ensure permit is obtained in a timely manner.
· Meet with project superintendent, internal resource groups, and trade partners on-site weekly to ensure each project is progressing based on milestones and plan.
· Update project schedules weekly and communicate frequently with the client.
· Monitor project quantities and cost so the project is completed within budget.
· Follow strict HGC document management process.
· Utilize HGC’s core values in daily duties.
· Communicate professionally with everyone on site, including but not limited to supervisors, teammates, contractors, clients and vendor partners.
· Understand, interpret and follow directions.
· All candidates need to have the capacity to manage multiple turnkey sitework projects and be able to prioritize and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Prepare monthly billing quantities for each project and enter data into the pay application.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Requirements
· Three (3) years or more of sitework or civil engineering experience is required for this position.
· Proficient computer skills.
· A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be run on anyone considered for this position.
· Must be willing to work Monday through Friday 7AM-5:30PM, as well as Saturdays when needed.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and teammates.
· Must be able to understand site goals and direction.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug and background screening.
· A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
· Teammates must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl as required to perform key duties.
· Operators must be able to climb on and off equipment safely while maintaining three (3) points of contact.
· Maintain constant alertness and situational awareness while on the job site.
· Field work is performed outdoors, exposing those teammates to all weather conditions.
· Teammates may be exposed to varying levels of noise, dust and substances commonly found on construction sites.
· Any other physical demand the assigned duties require.
· Company Truck
· Competitive Pay (based on experience)
· Medical Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Group Term Life
· Voluntary Dental, Vision & Life Insurances
· Voluntary Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) Plan with Company Match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Bonus Program
· Free Training Programs at the HGC Academy
HGC operates in a 65-mile radius from Charlotte, North Carolina. By applying for this position, you acknowledge our operation radius and understand your commute could reach up to one (1) hour. Teammates are asked to move job sites as project needs change and occasionally report to the HGC Academy for training. All applicants to whom a conditional offer of employment is made shall undergo and pass a pre-employment screening including drug test, background check, and a fit for duty exam prior to beginning work. HGC is a drug-free workplace.
HGC is an industry-recognized, award-winning provider of construction services driven by our commitment to providing quality turn-key sitework packages for large industrial, commercial, and residential projects. Voted one of the Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2021 and 2022 as well as the Charlotte Observer’s Top Workplaces from 2018-2022, we strive to provide a friendly work environment that encourages productivity while promoting teamwork, education, safety and the well-being of our teammates on every level.
HGC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against age, race, religion, color, disability, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.