The Director of Global Business Development is responsible for developing their sales territory, securing new corporate relocation contracts and creating relationships with existing clients to drive revenue for the Company.
This specific opening would be assigned to the Southern states.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent Company’s brand, culture and core values in the marketplace.
- Achieve new business revenue goals.
- Execute approved business plan for the assigned region, including processes and effective selling techniques that ensure pipeline growth and prospect conversion for revenue goals.
- In coordination with manager, develop action plans for targeting sales prospects and penetrating new markets.
- Develop and present to manager a qualified prospects list that aligns with Company’s growth objectives through networking, market analysis, client leads and other referral sources.
- Demonstrate ability to develop strategic relationships with prospects.
- Establish a high level of visibility within the assigned region through participation in trade shows and industry events.
- Use Company’s CRM software to manage and report sales activities such as meetings, calls, profiles and the status of opportunities throughout the sales cycle.
- Assist with contract negotiations to reflect a comprehensive understanding of the prospect’s needs while maintaining appropriate profit margins.
- Develop effective relationships and communication with others in the organization to ensure seamless service to new clients and a flawless implementation process.
- Seek out and demonstrate knowledge of industry trends by applying that information to the sales process and sharing it within the organization.
- Gather, research and share competitive intelligence.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in relocation or real estate industries
- 2+ years of sales experience
Educational, Experience, and Licensing Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a commissioned sales role
- CRP and GMS certifications strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop appropriate correspondence both internally and externally
- Able to work under minimal direction
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize commitments and projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to follow data entry/department standards
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems
- Able to resolve internal and external issues using persistence and tact
- Strong customer relations skills that include the ability to work with discretion and integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Skilled at managing complex sales targeted to corporate executives
- Comprehensive understanding of contracts, negotiation techniques and value-added propositions
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong work ethic with off-hours flexibility and able travel up to 50% overnight
This position is considered light duty with frequent phone and computer use.