Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. We provide labor market software, consulting, and data so our clients can make informed decisions that grow their communities and organizations.
For example, our technology:
- Helps economic developers understand their local industries and labor market.
- Allows workforce development practitioners to guide workers to high-wage, high-demand jobs.
- Assists educators in training their students for well-paying, in-demand careers.
- Helps site selectors choose the best site for their clients’ expansion or relocation by understanding the talent availability in competing locations.
- Allows staffing and recruitment firms to determine competitive wages.
We’re more than a technology company – we help our clients win.
Our employees are encouraged to think differently, ask challenging questions, and pursue what’s best for our clients.
We want our clients to make confident decisions. If you want to help communities and organizations thrive, you’ve come to the right place.
The Senior Product Designer is responsible for diving into the murky world of enterprise software ideation, design, and user experience. In this position, you will join a team guided by the goal of Continuous Discovery and informed by constant feedback. We believe the best information about user needs can be gleaned from human interaction, and we strive to interact with users as often as possible.
- Working with product team in all aspects of the iterative design process
- Building wire frames and hi-res mockups
- Establishing the user experience of new solutions and new products
- Designing beautiful and intuitive user interfaces
- Generating various mockup options with different approaches
- Designing iconography and performing basic image manipulation
- Assisting in the presentation of designs to internal and external stakeholders
- Attending “User Acceptance Testing” (UAT) sessions
- Collaborating responsively with engineering during implementations
- Championing cohesion and consistency in a growing “big data insights” solution platform
- Ability to design and build products for desktop and mobile experiences that are grounded in customer insights and business goals
- Demonstrable skills in creating pixel-perfect design mocks
- Skilled in relevant software design tooling such as Figma, Adobe CC (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop), or others
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and Engineers to ship real solutions to real users
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Prepared to juggle multiple simultaneous design projects
- Strong understanding of Information hierarchy
- Real-world experience in the iterative design process and prepared to lead the collection of design feedback
- Portfolio that demonstrates design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes responsive websites
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent software industry experience
- Experience working with agile teams using Kanban
- Data visualization interest or experience
- Comfort talking to clients
- Interest in user feedback/requests
- Understanding of Material Design or other UI design frameworks