This is a part time position that requires a flexible work schedule as start and stop times may vary from week to week depending on what events have been scheduled, but mostly focusing on evenings and weekends. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a role focused on building cleanliness and upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space, and a keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative. This position is responsible for cleanup of events, pre-event preparation, and equipment maintenance at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center and West Valley Performing Arts Center in West Valley City.
Schedule: Part-Time, less than 30 hours per week
Starting Pay: $14.25 per hour
Job Posting Close Date: Open until filled
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning of the indoor and outdoor event spaces, meeting rooms, common areas, restrooms, kitchen areas, etc. to ensure spaces are cleaned up after and prepared for the next event.
- Remove trash, tidy furniture, and dust surfaces.
- Clean mirrors, windows, and other clear surfaces as needed.
- Restock disposables as needed.
- Perform hard floor care including sweeping and mopping.
- Vacuum, clean and extract carpets, and carpet maintenance as needed.
- Maintain outdoor premises by watering plants, weeding, weed abatement, trash pickup, etc. as needed.
- Report major damages to Operations Supervisor.
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows, and setting alarms.
- Assist Custodians by performing snow removal in the winter months.
- Assist Setup Crew as needed to set tables, chairs, linens, audio/visual equipment, power drops, décor hanging, etc.
- Undertake occasional tasks including, but not limited to lifting heavy items, moving chairs and tables, assembling equipment, and moving gallery amenities (pedestals, easels, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to understand and use cleaning supplies properly.
- Basic knowledge of equipment needed to do the prescribed duties.
- Must be able to communicate in English and have basic writing skills.
- Be able to follow both written and oral instruction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate power equipment.
- Must be able and willing to use and be certified in aerial work platforms, including scissor and boom lifts.
- Must be able and willing to operate vacuums, sweepers, auto-scrubbers, burnishers, buffers, extractors, snowplow, snow blower, and other equipment.