SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 10:00AM - 7:00PM (Shift Differential Pay)
To assist supervisor with efficient operation of Customer Accounting Department by reading customer's water meters both visually and with Automated Meter Reading Equipment. Provide courteous customer service.
- Visually check meters & make accurate entries into electronic meter reading device
- Change out meters, check valves and/or meter bottoms as needed
- Meter investigation, troubleshooting and repair
- Assist with service orders and investigation orders
- Change out meter yokes occasionally
- Test water meters in the field or on a test bench
- Install, read, and maintain automated meter reading system
- Handle and troubleshoot customer complaints
- May float/cross-train in other departments
- Emergency duty or on call responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Must meet residential policy requirements of a 45-minute response time and maintain that status as a condition of continued employment.
- Scheduled On-Call Duty required
- Response to callouts/emergencies is required
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain State of TN Water Distribution System Operator Grade II Certificate of Competency within 18 months is desired
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Good knowledge of Rutherford County is helpful
- Basic tool, equipment, and vehicle maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Ability to work in potentially hazardous environments
- Aptitude to follow written and verbal instructions
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Must have initiative and be resourceful in problem solving.
- Should be detailed oriented, able to focus on task-at-hand.
- Must be self-motivated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: physical demands under which the job is performed:
- Work is mostly in the field in a variety of settings and weather conditions
- Typically standing stopping or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, or stooping
- Frequently entering/exiting vehicle
- Frequent lifting of light objects
- Occasional lifting of objects weighing 25 to 50 pounds
- Climbing fences/ladders
- Use of tools or equipment requiring a high degree of expertise.
- Good vision
- Need to distinguish between shades of color
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions