Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator manages all activities related to the movement of materials in and out of the Tigard, OR facility. The position also serves as a technical resource for related activities at other company locations.
The Tigard, OR facility consists of functional areas including Engineering, the Regenyx* plant operations and the Agilyx R&D lab, all of which receive various incoming goods, parts, and equipment. The plant ships products in bulk and by-products in drums, as well as occasional small volume sample quantities, while the lab ships a variety of samples to customers and external testing labs. In all cases, these materials can be solid or liquid in nature and are commonly classed as Dangerous Goods (DG).
• Manage the receipt of materials at the Tigard, OR facility
• Work with internal teams to reconcile goods received against Purchase orders (collect packing slips and coordinate return of products goods if needed)
• Manage the shipment of production and by-products from the Regenyx plant
• Generate appropriate paperwork and work with external teams and customers during transport and delivery
• Ensure packaging and labeling is appropriate for road, rail, air, or sea transport
• Manage the shipment of regular and one-off shipments in a variety of containers – isotainers, 55-gallon drums, jars, etc.
• Manage the shipment of R&D samples to customers worldwide based on received Purchase or Work Orders
• Organize the warehouse, identify, and implement 6s storage improvement initiatives
• Perform inventory activities
• Order and maintain packaging materials
• Pack/over-pack material contained in primary container
• Coordinates delivery of inbound/outbound shipment with freight forwarders
• Generate paperwork that can include:
o DG (Dangerous Goods)
o Shippers Letter of Instruction (SLI)
o Proforma/ Commercial Invoice
o Customs documents
• Obtain quotes for the shipping of material and work to minimize overall cost
• Work with crating, shipping, and logistics companies as necessary for the safe and compliant transport of materials
• Track and report flow of shipments status with the originator and destination
• Track carrier claims and communicate status with accounting and quality control
- Experience with shipping Dangerous Goods
- Experience classifying sample compounds to the correct commodity and export codes
- Experience with FedEx Ship Manager, UPS, and DHL and other transportation online booking system
- Prior Material Handling experience preferred
- Proficient in Inventory Management software with transactions including receiving, shipping, and inventory movements/adjustments
- Training in CAPA, Dangerous Goods, Chemical Hazards, Emergency Response, Forklift, and General Safety
- Certification training in DOT, IATA, and IMDG
- Experience in roles where attention to detail and documentation is critical to success
- Lean/6s experience preferred
Reports to: Plant Manager
Type: Salaried; full time with full benefits
Work Hours: Generally, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Tigard, OR
Work environment: Combination office and manufacturing plant environment
Physical Demands: Ability to use tools, shovel, sweep, load & unload, lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs, plus operate heavy equipment such as forklifts, bridges and mono-rail cranes and wear a respirator where required by certain tasks
*Regenyx is a JV of Agilyx and Americas Styrenics that is operated 100% by Agilyx
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
The total rewards that you receive as an AGILYX employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a rapidly growing organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network while building a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
Agilyx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We value mutual respect and diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity and Inclusion. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees that drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and do not discriminate any applicant’s status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.