We are currently looking for an Executive Chef to join our Hospitality team. This position is based in Oakville, CA and will be responsible for all culinary activities for the Silver Oak and Twomey properties and the management of multiple kitchen outlets, the culinary gardens, and the culinary team. The Executive Chef will oversee staff scheduling, training, menu development, product purchasing, and the department budget.
“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Provide passionate & engaging service to our guests
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of our entire wine library
· Authority in the art of wine and food pairing
· Openly speak and interact with guests during culinary experiences
Team Management and Development
· Manages the Sous Chefs and overall Culinary Team.
· Builds a high performing team that is motivated, engaged, goal oriented, and provides exceptional service to internal and external customers.
· Defines clear expectations and levels of accountability for direct reports. Assigns responsibilities, empowers others, delegates, removes obstacles, allows for and contributes needed resources and monitors progress.
· Manages the team’s performance on an on-going basis, providing feedback and coaching in a timely manner. Provides opportunities for growth and development. Documents performance via company’s performance management program.
· Demonstrates leadership through sound business decisions, high ethical standards, accountability, values, and behavior. Builds trust within their teams and other departments.
· Manages the staff schedule, approves timecards meeting payroll deadlines.
· Plans and leads culinary team meetings.
Set High Standards of Production & Execution
· Leads a social responsible kitchen with a focus on food seasonality, health-wellness and high-quality cuisine
· Develops menus showcasing Silver Oak & Twomey Wines
· Available for small and large hospitality event execution
· Hands-on help, instruction, and leadership in kitchen production and service
· Monitors overall food production with the team
· Responsible for developing and working within food budget guidelines and monitoring kitchen operating expenses
· High standards of receiving, manage production waste and keep inventory lean
· Manage on-call/variable hour staff hours striving for savings in labor cost without cutting our quality
· Maintain and manage supplies and material expences
Management of Culinary Gardens –
· Supervise full time culinary gardener
· Develop and guide annual culinary garden plan
Supervise Kitchen Safety & Cleanliness
· Maintain a clean and efficient kitchen at all times
· Insure kitchen is maintained and inspected in accordance with OSHA and county health department regulations
· Keep a critical eye on staff safety, cleanliness and sanitation habits
· Responsible for maintenance of kitchen equipment and smallwares
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Minimum 3 years’ Executive Chef experience in fine dining establishments
· Expert knowledge of food and wine pairing
· Ability to speak and describe our cuisine to small/large groups of guests
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Proven leader, effective in managing people and developing talent, with a reputation for inspiring teams to perform their best
· Food manager certification
· Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
· Valid CA Driver’s License and clean DMV record
· Ability to drive between multiple winery locations for events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Stand on feet for long periods of time
· Perform repetitive motion activities
· Physically able to occasionally lift 40-50 lbs.
· Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
· Busy and distractive open office/kitchen atmosphere
· Kitchen can be hot and slippery
· Ability to work with regular distraction
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.