If you’re a professional with an accounting background and customer service skills then we have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a motivated team member who will be responsible for managing, tracking and reporting on our accounts receivables with the goal of maintaining healthy cash flow and ensuring outstanding receivables are within terms. This individual should be comfortable spending time on the phone and communicating through email with both external and internal customers.
About Block Imaging:
If you're looking for a company that values community, respect, integrity, innovation, and pursuit of excellence, Block Imaging may have an opportunity for you. We're a fast paced organization accepting applications for the role of Accounts Receivable Specialist, in our Holt, MI headquarters, working on a full-time basis.
Why Block Imaging?
- Be part of a positive work community where team member's ideas and contributions are valued.
- Offering a healthy work life balance.
- Our culture encourages professional development and seeking out opportunities for growth.
- The medical imaging industry is a stable and growing worldwide market.
Life at Block Imaging: We've built our culture on transparency, authenticity and team work. We strive to work hard and play hard; and we do so through enjoying Summer BBQs, Holiday Parties, an Annual Retreat, and Book Clubs where we seek to continually develop and grow our capabilities in best serving our customers.
General Job Description:
This individual is responsible for maintaining healthy cash flow, positive internal & external relations, as well as managing risk. This team member also requires frequent effort to ensure our outstanding receivables are within terms. Success in this role would be achieved through effective use of SOP's and escalating within Block Imaging early. This individual will have strong understanding of accounting functions, both accounts payable & receivable, have strong communication skills, and possess resilience and experience navigating customer disputes.
- Frequent use of customer receivables aging report.
- Monitor and flag accounts for service holds.
- Perform customer credit checks upon internal request to recommend how to proceed with payment.
terms and credit limits.
- Communicate phone and email regarding invoices, credit memos, payments, outstanding invoices, and on-boarding customers.
- Reconciliation of A/R items on customer accounts within the billing software.
- Generation of A/R down payment, invoice, credit memo, and sales order documents within SAP.
- Regular use of Avatax Document Generation Wizard and recurring transactions within the billing software to send to customers.
- Resolution/guidance/triage of customer disputes.
- Statement requests, refund requests, and credit deposits.
- Routine use of dunning reminders.
- Produce reports and documents as required by the Accounting Manager and Accounting Team Lead.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Work respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others in the best interest of the company.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance is preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Self motivated and driven
- Proficient in MS Suite, accounting software experience preferred (QuickBooks or SAP)
- Superior customer service skills both internal and external.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Block Imaging Offers the Following Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Two days a year paid to volunteer and make a difference in the greater community.
- 401(K) retirement planning.
- A financial wellness program to help provide financial tools and education for our team.
Block Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.