The Compensation Analyst is an integral part of the Compensation team and support of the salary administration program, Compease. The primary role is to evaluate jobs to determine appropriate grades and prepare documentation speaking to the accuracy of the evaluations. The analyst will market price jobs as requested by clients and consult with clients on merit planning by reviewing changes in wages and making suggestions for long-term merit planning.
This is a remote, Michigan based position. Consideration may also be given to applicants in the following states: FL, KS, NY, OH, TX, and WI.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives client information and initiates initial contact for system with the client. Imports client data into Compease system. Places client information into appropriate systems ensuring accuracy.
- Responsible for evaluating all new systems using market data to help align positions to proper grades. Matches job titles to benchmark jobs where applicable by reviewing client job descriptions. Researches and maintains geographic differentials for new systems and adds locations for existing clients.
- Conducts market pricing analysis. Collates and analyzes data to determine market value of various positions. Prepares reports and presentations of findings to manager prior to turning information over to client.
- Researches and updates Compease benchmark job content, including job descriptions and market pricing.
- Prepares master spreadsheets by researching appropriate data sources and populating salary survey data, including updating master models annually.
- Inputs data from salary surveys, ensuring accuracy of information and formulas.
- Provides client support for complex compensation questions and technical questions about Compease.
- Completes individual job evaluations by client as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Research and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and group communication skills, both over the phone and via email
- Ability to work both independently and in an engaged team environment
- High sense of urgency with an emphasis on customer service
- Strong ability to adjust to change and work requirements
- Ability to remain resilient amidst challenges
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or commensurate work experience.
- Two or more years of related experience, preferably in Human Resources.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations related to compensation decisions and FLSA determinations related to compensation decisions and record requirements.
- Experience with and understanding of point factor evaluation and salary surveys.
- Strong computer skills with work experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay: We know your value and we’re not afraid to pay for it. We offer a competitive total compensation plan including salary, bonuses, and a 5% contribution to your 401k.
- Paid Time Off: Besides our competitive paid time off package, employees receive paid holidays and time off to volunteer.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including all the necessities such as medical, dental, and vision. We even offer a virtual health option allowing you to video-chat with a medical professional as opposed to making your way to their office. Don’t need health insurance? An opt-out credit will be provided to you for waiving coverage.
- Opportunity for you to make an impact on the people we serve!
CU Solutions Group is a credit union service organization offering leading edge products and services in the areas of technology, marketing, HR performance and strategic advisory. Our company’s dedication to the credit union mission is reflected through service excellence to credit union clients, credit union system partners and credit union leagues spanning 48 states.