Position Title: SUN Community School Site Manager
Reports To: SUN Program Manager
COMPENSATION: $40,000 - $42,000 Based on Experience, 1.0 FTE
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Latino Network’s mission is to provide transformative opportunities, services and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families and communities. Our work springs from the core belief in Latino community self- determination—that is, the ability of community members to participate meaningfully in the decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their families. We build and manage collaborative and energetic teams to implement high quality, culturally inclusive programs. We actively partner across a variety of city, county, state and community organizations to deliver training and support, a wide range of services, as well as influence policy.
Latino Network seeks a bilingual (Spanish/English), bi-cultural mission-driven professional with proven nonprofit and community experience to lead a full range of activities for a growing organization. As part of a dedicated team working toward a shared vision, the SUN Community School Site Manager is charged with supporting the SUN Program Manager in all aspects of program development and implementation. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves position with the capacity to impact the education and wellbeing of hundreds of young Latino children and their families each year. If you are resourceful, able to build strong relationships, and passionate about working for educational equity, then the Latino Network is the place for you.
This position is critical to the continued growth and sustainability of Latino Network’s school based programs. The SUN Community School Site Manager supervises site-based SUN staff, organizes SUN School extended day and family engagement activities, cultivates strong relationships with school and partner organization staff and is the point of contact for the assigned school administration. This position is full-time and reports the SUN Program Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Organizes, plans and manages the implementation of all extended day and family engagement program services at assigned SUN site
• Supervises SUN site staff and volunteers as assigned and appropriate
• Facilitates monthly meetings with all school-based partner organizations to discuss issues and concerns regarding client and program activities, and to ensure established goals and deadlines are met
• Facilitates alliances and partnerships with state, county, city, nonprofit and community organizations (such as businesses and faith communities) to establish a continuum of services delivered at or linked to the school site. The aim is to provide the greatest level of access and integration to the community
• Develops and coordinates a Family Leadership Team
• Monitors deliverables and timelines and identifies, tracks, manages and resolves program issues to ensure work assigned is completed on time and within budget
• Serves as the primary contact for school administrators and is responsible for managing the communication process between Latino Network and the assigned school administration
• Attends school staff meetings at assigned site
• Ensures student engagement in all programs, services and activities as appropriate
• Oversees scheduling, coordination and evaluation of after-school programs, services and staff
• Builds opportunities to effectively link the school day with after-school activities and programs
• Facilitates partnerships to establish a network of resources to supplement and support the extended day program. Collaborates with key community and school leaders to maximize existing resources and to obtain new programs in alignment with the SUN School annual plan
• Assists with designing and managing volunteer systems within the school as they relate to extended day programs
• Oversees data collection requirements and interfaces with data and evaluation team regarding system implementation and process
• Implements annual operating budget
• Ensures contract compliance is maintained
• Introduces and promotes SUN School programs and activities to students, families, school staff and the community
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Administration, Social Work or related field and three years of experience. Extensive experience may be substituted for education requirement
• At least two (2) years of progressive leadership and supervisory skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English (including public speaking)
• Knowledge of and experience in navigating educational institutions, resources, programs, social services and government agencies
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with schools, students, families and community support systems
• Program management experience, preferably in an academic environment
• Experience in program and curriculum development and implementation
• Basic computer literacy and skills
• Experience working with and learning from those most affected by social and educational inequities
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to successfully motivate others and influence change
Latino Network provides a generous benefits package that includes;
• 15 days of paid vacation,
• 12 days of paid sick leave,
• 10 paid holidays,
• Employer-paid health coverage,
• 401(K) and life insurance to eligible employees.
Application review begins immediately. Open until filled. Submit your application, resume and cover letter at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/1630/Latino-Network, Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
For more information about Latino Network visit www.latnet.org or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/latnet.
Latino Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.