Salary range: 102k-179k per year
A NOTE ABOUT SALARY RANGES: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche technical needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
The Nanotronics Software Developer is a smart and passionate engineer who will work with our engineering team in the development of the world's most technologically advanced inspection and factory control solutions. This position will be responsible for software engineering development, with individual tasks ranging from software control of automation hardware to GPU-based analysis.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Industry experience creating production quality code in modern C++ (C++11 or newer)
- Ability to integrate third party APIs into a codebase
- Industry experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Conversant in object-oriented design patterns; familiarity with the STL
- Strong technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time without excessive oversight
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with third party hardware and APIs
- Experience using Git and GitLab
- Experience with Jira in a Sprint workflow
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Industry experience using C++ GUI creation frameworks such as MFC or Qt
- Design, implement, test, and debug C++ software in a Windows environment
- Document test notes for quality assurance engineers and feature how-to’s for the technical service and application engineering teams
- Host/participate in design reviews, code reviews, stand-ups and other meetings as needed
- Write software exploiting parallelism and multithreading
- Create UI/UX to interface with the nSpec tool based on specs from the product team
- Develop new technologies for the nSpec tool while keeping backwards compatibility with existing technologies
More About The Team
Specifically on the scanning team, you will be interfacing with the hardware components of our tool such as sample loading robots, light sources and cameras, and stage axes. Through control of these components, you could align to sample patterns, automatically focus on sample planes, determine a sample’s bow or warp pattern, and many more applications! You will the opportunity to integrate brand new hardware components and capabilities, as well as support and optimize legacy components and capabilities.
Our software team is making manufacturing fast, accurate and cost-efficient by combining optical and atomic force microscopy with machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our products' usage is industry-agnostic, with aerospace, electronics, and healthcare applications. Any industry that can benefit from increased yield, reduced waste, lower costs, and faster design iteration is an industry that can benefit from using Nanotronics' technology. The solutions we build push the envelope of what can be done, so we need engineers who are highly intelligent, hardworking, and creative. Flexibility and an ability to grasp high order concepts in physics, hardware design, automation, and robotics can be helpful for understanding and resolving specific issues.
What We Offer:
- Catered lunches every Tuesday-Thursday
- Company stock options
- Free dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to C-level management
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
- Possible eligibility for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program
Please apply here. After submitting your application, our review process will begin with a review of your resume. If you meet or exceed the education, experience and required skills above, or demonstrate an equivalent to these things, you will be invited to participate in an assessment of your C++ skills. A successful assessment will result in a phone interview, potentially followed by interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision about hiring will be made.
What is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale, high-throughput, super imaging systems. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The essential functions of all positions at Nanotronics include a physical presence in the workplace, including but not limited to, in-person interactions with other employees, customers, and the community. Therefore, in accordance with Nanotronics’ duty to safeguard the health of our current employees and new hires, their families, our customers and visitors, our business and the community at large from COVID-19, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination and new hires must present proof of vaccination prior to their first day as a condition of employment. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Why We Work In The Office
Our culture is built on innovation, quality and collaboration. We believe that working together and among other departments in person supports a sense of community, connection and belonging. So much of our communication as individuals is nonverbal—easier to discern and appreciate when we’re physically together. This synchrony not only gives us the power to innovate, but it helps us foster empathy, learning, and engagement. We want you to be a part of impromptu ideas dreamed and decisions made as people cross paths; to be in the right place at the right time to contribute your perspective; to look around and take pride in the diverse group of people with whom you work; to be seen by others when you’re recognized for a job well-done; and to look around, see things and help us build the best products and workplace we can. Our fast-paced environment pivots quickly, and we don’t want you to miss a thing.
You’ll Make a Great Nanotron If
- You are passionate about science, engineering, technology, and AI
- You are looking for a challenge
- You collaborate well with others
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn, and excited to contribute
Visit our press page to learn more.
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Nanotronics makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business