Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a full-time Enrollment and Registration Coordinator. The Enrollment and Registration Coordinator at Atlanta Classical Academy will be responsible for educating City of Atlanta families about the school and how to enroll, and providing information and support for families navigating the lottery and subsequent enrollment and registration process.
Outreach and Marketing
- Manage community outreach, including ensuring that families from throughout the Atlanta Public Schools District are aware of the educational opportunity at ACA.
- Plan and conduct parent informational sessions; organize and/or participate in outreach events to ensure that the educational opportunity is widely known to the community.
- Serve as the point person for enrollment-related questions from prospective families, maintain a basic knowledge of lottery and enrollment policies and procedures (i.e. residency rules).
- Coordinate new parent and student enrollment/registration activities throughout the year.
Lottery and Registration Management
- Oversight and management of the lottery and enrollment and re-enrollment process.
- Continually manage the school’s lottery wait list within the SchoolMint database for communication to inquiring parents.
- Produce lottery and enrollment metric reports as requested by school administrative staff and board members.
- Coordinate registration for all new students, including setting up appointments with families, inspecting and copying registration materials, and creating a folder for each student.
- Maintain physical and computerized records including student cumulative folders.
- Ensure that residency documentation is current for all students and follow up with families throughout the year on documentation needs.
- Work with the school Registrar to onboard new students.
- Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools, setting up cumulative folders, and entering student data into appropriate databases.
- Process and transmit requests for student information, including student transcripts for colleges and universities.
- Support academic resources director in administering standardized testing throughout the school year as needed.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years relevant work experience is required
- Experience working in a charter school environment is preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of database management and ability to learn new platforms
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects at once
- Detail-oriented and organized
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school. Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site.