The Behavior Therapist or BCBA responsibilities include providing clinical support services to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities. This is accomplished by collaborating with people and their support teams to provide behavior therapy assessments, create individual behavior support/enrichment plans, consult with and provide training for team members, and promoting skills for health relationships that help people thrive.
Position Responsibilities: This job description represents and overview of the position. Other duties will be assigned within the scope of the position. Aspire offers hybrid work arrangements to allow for work to be performed onsite and remote.
Provide Behavior Therapy/Advanced Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Collaborates with people and their support network to develop effective strategies to promote skills for healthy relationships
- Completes and uses assessment results, data, and input from people and their support networks to develops behavior support/enrichment programs for assigned persons
- Presents plans and obtains approval from required committees
- Obtains approvals and documentation for plan implementation
- Reviews plan progress and shares updates with people and their support network
- Facilitates social development groups
- Promotes individual rights and rights knowledge
- Provides billable services in accordance with DHS standards and meets billing targets for position
Provide Team Training & Support
- Provides training to team members and support persons for plan implement
- Performs observations in various settings, provides real time consultation/coaching on supports and interventions
- Reviews treatment integrity and provides feedback to team members and supervisors
- Provides team member training; crisis intervention, intervention techniques, and related topics
- Models intervention techniques and responds in situations when interventions are needed
Produce & Maintain Clinical Documentation
- Monitors and manages corresponding data collection; provides training for data collection to team members as needed
- Completes/maintains documentation for corresponding committees and provider appointments accurately, timely, and in accordance with DHS and Aspire standards
- Completes/maintains required treatment documentation timely, accurately, and in accordance with DHS and Aspire standards
- Tracks and submits billing data timely, accurately, and in accordance with practice standards
Quality and Compliance
- Participates in individual and team supervision
- Participates in team and organization projects and committees
- Cooperation with compliance, quality improvement, research, and grant funded initiatives
- Completes required training timely, maintains credentials
Reporting to this Position: None
Aspire offers hybrid work arrangements to allow for work to be performed onsite and remote.
Required Education & Experience:
- Behavior Therapist – BA/BS in Psychology or human services field with at least 1500 hours of qualifying supervision
- BCBA – Master's in behavior analysis, psychology, special education, social work, or related field
- Behavior Therapist – Level 2 Behavior Therapist approval by DHS or eligible for Level 2 approval
- BCBA –Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required for either credential type
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to write reports and professional correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, employees, and the public.
- Working knowledge of PC operations and software including Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to use and adapt to various industry specific software products including an Electronic Health Record.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records including maintaining private/confidential information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional documents, technical procedures, and regulations.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced behavior therapy experience
- Advanced education beyond requirements for credentials
- 1-year experience working with people who have intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Achieves Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new & better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Makes Quality Decisions: Making good & timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Tackles the Tough Issues: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for in Chicago!
We know that Together, We’re Better!
Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising services to adults with developmental disabilities, their families and the community. In 2019, we joined forces with NorthPointe Resources to be one of the most recognized and respected disability service providers across the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake County (Illinois), and southeastern Wisconsin areas.
Full Time Benefits (regularly scheduled to work at least 37 1/2 hours per week)
- Health Insurance
- Benefit Time (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
- 13 Holidays
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Insurances available
Aspire is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Aspire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities so that an applicant may complete the essential functions of a position. The essential functions of positions are outlined in a position’s job description. To request an accommodation or if you have a question regarding what the essential functions of a position are please contact the People Team at 708.236.0979.