Lyra Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel, integrated drug and delivery solutions for the localized treatment of patients with chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) and other chronic diseases. Lyra has two investigational product candidates, LYR-210 and LYR-220, in late-stage development for CRS, a highly prevalent inflammatory disease of the paranasal sinuses which leads to debilitating symptoms and significant morbidities. LYR-210 and LYR-220 are bioresorbable polymeric matrices designed to be administered in a brief, non-invasive, in-office procedure and are intended to deliver up to six months of continuous mometasone furoate drug therapy to the sinonasal passages as an alternative to sinus surgery. LYR-210 is designed for surgically naïve patients and is being evaluated in the ENLIGHTEN Phase 3 clinical program, while LYR-220, an enlarged matrix, is being evaluated in patients who have recurrent symptoms despite surgery in the BEACON Phase 2 clinical trial. These two product candidates are designed to treat the estimated four million CRS patients in the United States who fail medical management each year.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking a hands-on Facilities Technician to manage, communicate, and schedule activities related to facilities, calibration, inventory, safety, and shipping/receiving. The successful candidate must have previous experience in supporting a biotechnology/medical device start-up environment with laboratory and GMP Cleanroom areas. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be motivated by the opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Act as main point of contact for tracking, scheduling, and communicating preventative maintenance, calibration, repairs, safety and related activities as needed to support laboratory and GMP Cleanroom operations
- Manage execution of equipment preventive maintenance and qualifications according to released procedures.
- Assist in facilitating equipment availability for calibrations and maintenance
- Schedule hazardous waste pickups as needed and perform any safety related activities throughout the facility
- Submit purchase orders as needed in NetSuite for incoming raw materials and services; place orders with vendors/suppliers
- Track, organize, and receive incoming raw materials related to GMP Cleanroom operations per internal procedures
- Schedule and track incoming/outgoing shipments to their destination
- Participate in Quality related activities as needed, including but not limited to completing forms for calibration deviations, out-of-tolerance assets, and decommissioning/commissioning equipment
- Participate in other activities as needed
- Minimum High School Diploma or the equivalent (GED), Associates Degree or Maintenance/Repair Certification (preferred)
- 4 or more years of experience in Facilities, Calibration, Inventory, Receiving, or Shipping (as customer support role), Certification or Associates degree can substitute for experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry including CFR 210, CFR 820, ISO 13485 or similar (preferred)
- Strong computer skills including website navigation for scheduling and tracking packages and orders and familiar with Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to maintain accurate records and understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively in person, by phone and via email and reports, including occasionally to other time zones and countries where English is not the first language
- Prepare shipments for sterilization, testing and final product shipments; schedule and track shipments to sterilizer, test facility, distributors, and customers
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently on projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail in communications and record keeping
- A creative thinker able work under tight deadlines
- Strong code of personal ethics with the ability to demonstrate sound judgment in normal work and emergency situations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform physical labor
At Lyra, we value creativity, leadership, and collaboration. The company sees significant expansion opportunities for our platform, and look for people who are driven to succeed, innovative, and adaptable. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to join a fast-paced, high performing team. For consideration, please submit cover letter and CV. Please visit www.lyratx.com for more information.