The LSU Alumni Association works to engage LSU alumni and friends to help them thrive professionally, socially, and philanthropically; and ultimately strenthen their bonds and support to LSU and each other. The Major Gifts Officer works with the Vice President of Advancement to design, implement, and direct an integrated and comprehensive advancement program, with special emphasis on identifying, cultivating, soliciting, engaging and stewarding support to provide long-term financial sustainability.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND SOLICITATION (80%)
- Develop, integrate, and implement short, intermediate, and long-term individual major gifts and major gift donor strategies in collaboration with the VP of Advancement.
- Create strategic funding requests based on short, intermediate, and long-term funding goals of the Association for high-net-worth individuals.
- Act as primary relationship manager for individual and private foundation prospects to reach or exceed annual funding goals.
- Play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Manage relationship process for individual major gift donors including prospect solicitation and briefings.
- Cultivate and expand current giving by planned gift donors and integrate planned gift objectives into major individual donor requests in collaboration with VP of Advancement, and other Association leadership as necessary.
CULTIVATION AND STEWARDSHIP (10%)
- Plan and implement funding campaigns, events, and activities (volunteer experiences, tours, receptions, etc.) for individual major gift donors using existing activities as appropriate.
- Execute major gift materials, including briefing memos, proposals, and stewardship materials.
MONITORING AND REPORTING (10%)
- Track and report relationship management activity using constituent relationship management system including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective and current individual major donors.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual activity reports to supervisor and CEO.
- Assist with review and verification of major gift donor recognition lists.
- Participate in regular LSUAA staff and organization-wide meetings and activities.
- Increased work hours can be expected September-November and April-May.
- Demonstrated development experience and an ability to build and maintain relationships with donors.
- Flexible, creative, and demonstrated capacity to think innovatively to communicate the organization’s programs and new initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and technical abilities to work in advancement software.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills.
- Willingness to work closely with advancement and alumni engagement teams.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan in a fast-paced environment.