Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. We provide labor market software, consulting, and data so our clients can make informed decisions that grow their communities and organizations.
For example, our technology:
- Helps economic developers understand their local industries and labor market.
- Allows workforce development practitioners to guide workers to high-wage, high-demand jobs.
- Assists educators in training their students for well-paying, in-demand careers.
- Helps site selectors choose the best site for their clients’ expansion or relocation by understanding the talent availability in competing locations.
- Allows staffing and recruitment firms to determine competitive wages.
We’re more than a technology company – we help our clients win.
Our employees are encouraged to think differently, ask challenging questions, and pursue what’s best for our clients.
We want our clients to make confident decisions. If you want to help communities and organizations thrive, you’ve come to the right place.
Chmura Economics & Analytics (Chmura) is a leading economic advisory and technology development firm specializing in “big data” analytics. The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (STAS) is responsible for performing full-life cycle recruitment of open positions within Chmura, and partners closely with Human Resources (HR), leadership, and hiring managers to attract the best talent. In this role, the right candidate must have an effective level of recruitment knowledge and business literacy as well as aspire to continually position Chmura as the employer of choice. This individual will play a key role in the development and implementation of all programs and initiatives related to full life cycle talent acquisition strategies.
- Develops and coordinates a comprehensive employee recruitment strategy and selection process for all departments.
- Creates requisitions, sources, screens, interviews, and recruits applicants to fill positions.
- Conducts and schedules interviews on behalf of hiring managers.
- Uses multiple platforms including LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Handshake, Paylocity, and internal websites to assist in the recruitment process.
- Networks aggressively and proactively establishes strategies for outreach to organizations so we can build relationships and partnerships to strengthen our future pipeline of diverse talent.
- Drafts offer letters, leads salary negotiations, and assists HR personnel during the onboarding process.
- Ensures that all recruitment and selection of candidates complies with federal and state laws and company administrative procedures.
- Understands how to partner with and influence key stakeholders to drive progress as well as advise and lead change.
- Works closely with the Operations, HR, and leadership teams to determine recruitment requirements and projections for future position vacancies.
- Coordinates pre-employment background checks and reference checks.
- Effectively presents to small groups of executives and managers.
- Communicates clearly and persuasively and possesses exceptional interpersonal skills. Relates well, , fosters collaboration, and listens to diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrates initiative to improve our Talent Acquisition functions.
- Supervises our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR related field or equivalent.
- Professional experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, HR Coordinator, Recruiter or Analyst in the recruitment and selection of staff.
- At least 2 years’ experience implementing standard operating procedures, methodologies, and practices related to talent acquisition.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the development and implementation of innovative recruitment and sourcing strategies using social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), job boards, and colleges/universities.
- A self-starter who can stay disciplined in a hybrid environment and lead the recruitment process with limited direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel to career and job fairs when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of recruiting experience or equivalent.
- Experience with Paylocity.
- Knowledge of ATS, software selection, and how to leverage data analytics for improved performance.