The Immuno-Oncology team at Poseida is developing the next wave in gene-edited, off-the-shelf allogeneic CAR-T cells to bring potentially life-saving treatments to cancer patients in need. In this role you will use your molecular biology expertise to characterize gene edited cell therapies and execute next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays to increase product understanding. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from a stellar team of scientists and research associates and together drive forward Poseida’s mission to cure patients of cancer.
Poseida is seeking an exceptional Associate Scientist to join our Immuno-Oncology team. The position will utilize NGS and other molecular biology techniques for rigorous molecular characterization of allogeneic CAR-T cells generated using Poseida’s proprietary and highly specific Cas-CLOVER gene-editing system. This position will support the Immuno-Oncology CAR-T cell therapy pipeline as well as other gene-editing platform improvement efforts. Primary responsibilities will include designing and performing experiments, organizing and sharing data, and coordinating research projects in a highly collaborative team setting. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail oriented, and possess a high level of scientific rigor.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Employ and develop different NGS-based techniques to support the preclinical pipelines and gene editing platform development
- Design, optimize, and execute routine molecular biology and cell biology assays, including but not limited to PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, tissue culture, flow cytometry/FACS and sequencing for high-throughput, reliable, and in-depth characterization of genetic profiles of genetically modified human T cells
- Coordinate laboratory activities with project teams and lab operations team
- Contribute to scientific strategies and golds within a project team setting
- Maintain up-to-date protocols for standard procedures and train colleagues as necessary to
maintain consistency and quality
- Document laboratory results, analyze data and present findings (written and oral) in internal and cross-functional meetings, as required
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in immunology, molecular biology, or related scientific field with at least 8 years relevant industry experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Solid hands-on experience in DNA/RNA sequencing library preparation, quantification, and sequencing using Illumina sequencing platforms.
- High proficiency in molecular biology techniques such as bacterial transformation, in vitro transcription, purification of nucleic acids, cloning, PCR, qPCR, and Sanger sequencing
- Prior experience in Bioinformatics analysis of NGS data using python, R, or other programming language is preferred
- Demonstrated track record in essential cell culture techniques such as maintenance of mammalian cell culture. Experience in nucleic acid transfection techniques such as electroporation, and handling primary human T/NK/B cells is a plus
- Prior experience in genetic manipulation of primary human cells with CRISPR/Cas9 or other gene-editing systems (TALENs, ZFNs, etc) is a plus
- Proficiency in flow cytometry techniques to interrogate cell products is a plus
- Excellent record keeping & data management skills required
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communicator with track record of working effectively as an individual contributor and in teams
Salary Range: $90,000 to $118,965
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience with the industry, education, geographic location, etc.
Who We Are and What We Do
Based in San Diego, Poseida Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing our unique and proprietary genetic engineering platform technologies to create next-generation cell and gene therapies with the capacity to cure. We are passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives with the development of our CAR-T therapies in various cancers and gene therapies for rare diseases. Our goal is to deliver potential single treatment cures for patients in need. Our portfolio of product candidates is specifically designed to overcome the limitations of current generation cell and gene therapeutics.
At Poseida we put people first. Our team is passionate about improving patients’ lives through innovation. See what our team has to say about our culture:
“My favorite part about Poseida is all the people that I get to work with. Everyone is so passionate about what we’re doing here and there’s so much camaraderie. It feels like one big enthusiastic family.”
“My favorite part about working at Poseida is the amazing culture and working environment. Everybody is friendly, professional, collaborative, and has a remarkable can-do and positive attitude.”
As we advance our compelling pipeline, there are endless opportunities for impact and growth. We encourage you to apply today!