The Assistant Payroll Manager is a key member of the Finance Department. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the successful candidate will collaborate with HR and Finance team to support and maintain accurate payroll records and reporting. This position will be responsible for learning and applying technical payroll skills as part of a team to carry out tasks with coaching and supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support to the entire payroll process
2. Input and audit of payroll, timekeeping and accruals
3. Confirm validity of legally mandated and optional deductions
4. Ensure accuracy of all payroll related data
5. Communicate effectively about payroll-related issues
6. Resolve any payroll-related discrepancies in a timely manner
7. Collaborate with payroll service provider Paylocity
8. Generate payroll reports as needed
9. Review and update PTO in accordance with policy and union contracts
10. Maintain adherence to all prescribed ethical guidelines, including confidentiality
11. Maintain working knowledge of federal and state payroll laws and University policy
12. Other duties as may be assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Payroll experience of 2-5 years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to prioritize tasks and interact supportively and professionally with all members of the campus community.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Problem solver who is detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
3. Innovative self-starter who is action oriented and is comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
4. Quick to understand, learn, and apply ideas effectively. Ability to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive tasks.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Commensurate with Experience
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.