The Nanotronics Applications Engineer is a smart and passionate team member, who plays a direct role in the development of the world's most technologically advanced inspection and factory control solutions. This position is responsible for demonstrating the capabilities of Nanotronics’ instrumentation, and successful Applications Engineers are efficient at executing high-quality reports for prospective customers and especially reports that yield a high conversion rate of prospects to customers. Overarching goals are to provide customers with:
- Test results that are highly specific to the customers’ needs and/or processes;
- More significant test results in terms of precision, accuracy and repeatability;
- Test results that relate to process and/or performance requirements of the customers’ products giving more information than current test methods or other competitive test methods; and
- Test results that prove the system is capable of automating inspection that has historically required human-level intelligence.
Nanotronics is making manufacturing fast, accurate and cost-efficient by combining super-resolution microscopy with robotics and artificial intelligence. Our products are industry-agnostic and used within aerospace, electronics, semiconductor, and biotech applications. Any industry that can benefit from increased yield, efficiency, lower costs, and faster design iteration is an industry that can benefit from using Nanotronics' technology. The solutions we build push the envelope of what can be done, so we need team members who are meticulous, hardworking, and creative.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who work well with in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
Salary Range: $80 - $110k per year
A Note About Salary Ranges: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years working experience in a fast-paced technical organization that is rooted in science and engineering
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Statistics, Mathematics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in lab or clean-room environments
- Be an expert user of all hardware and software features of Nanotronics’ instrumentation.
- Perform all testing required to support the above capabilities.
- Prepare concise reports of results indicating specific capabilities that will be of interest to the customer.
- Demonstrate and communicate the capabilities of Nanotronics’ instrumentation to prospective customers.
- Install and train customers on the use and capabilities of Nanotronics’ instruments.
Nice to haves (Not required)
- Experience in manufacturing or processing
- Domain expertise in semiconductors and electronics
- Ability to grasp high order concepts in physics, microscopy, hardware design, automation, artificial intelligence, and robotics
- Fluency in German, French or Italian
- Strong work ethic
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with a team
This position is based in-office, close by the Munich airport.
What is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale, high-throughput, super imaging systems. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.
YOU’LL MAKE A GREAT NANOTRON IF
- You are passionate about science, engineering, technology, and AI
- You are looking for a challenge
- You collaborate well with others
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn, and excited to contribute
WHAT WE OFFER
- Casual work environment
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply here.
Visit our press page to learn more.