Part-Time Every Other Weekend, Saturday through Sunday
The Client Care Technicians (CCTs) will provide residential clients with support services and activities to assist in recovery from Domestic Violence, Drug Addiction, or similar challenges. Provide consistent supervision of all residents in the facility, supporting their safety, and adherence to the rules and policies of the YWCA program.
Expectations of Every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- All employees must be familiar and compliant with the policies & procedures of the organization, and follow the guidelines of the Employee Handbook.
- Respond to and resolve client issues; create and maintain a high quality work environment to perform at the highest level.
- Assist with planning and carrying out groups and activities as assigned.
- Receive and respond to Crisis Calls.
- Complete Welcome Packets and other intake duties as assigned.
- Maintain and oversee resident compliance with YWCA rules and standards, directing disciplinary action when needed in a fair & equal manner and providing points as appropriate.
- Provide positive reinforcement and/or re-direct clients when needed. Complete write-ups or contract to document when program guidelines are not followed for clients.
- Assist with site and building support, including but not limited to, maintaining medication keys, assigning rooms, monitor freezer and refrigerator temperatures, replace toilet paper and shower curtains and make beds and clean facilities.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all shelter consumables; including but not limited to, personal items, kitchen supplies and food at all times.
- Provide active support for food program, may include safe food preparation and serving, cleaning food areas, and/or working with clients or other staff on food provision.
- Transport clients in company vehicles, as needed.
- Perform drug/alcohol screens on any client enrolled in substance abuse recovery as determined necessary or as directed by supervisory staff, charting fully all client reaction and result.
Safety and Security:
- Monitor and respond to activity at entry doors.
- Check rooms and client common areas as directed.
- Randomly check on residents throughout the night to make sure each one is appropriately accounted for.
- Responsibility for client emergencies, i.e. sickness, alcohol/drug abuse, etc., making referrals for clients as necessary. Notify the Program Coordinator of all emergencies in complete detail.
Record Keeping and Management:
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records as assigned, possibly including, but not limited to: Communication Logs, Daily Entry, and Telephone Calls.
- Complete all documentation regarding tracking and reporting client progress through programs as assigned.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of intakes, crisis calls, abusers log, and rooms list.
- Post new weekly sheets (daily plans, menus, meetings, chores, etc.).
- Assist with copying, printing, and appropriately filing resident documents as needed.
- Provide any Incident Reports to Director prior to leaving shift.
- Train other staff, interns, and volunteers as needed on job duties.
- Attendance at staff meetings as required.
- Agreement to attend continuing education workshops/seminars, CPR and First Aid Training, as required.
- Comply fully with all requests from supervisors, assist and cooperate with all staff in the performance of their duties.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization's goals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Continuing Education classes in related fields.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive matters.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Google Office.
- 1-3 years of general office experience, including reception and telephone duties, and general office equipment (copiers, printers).
- Accurate, organized and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files.
- Must comply with organization's policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.