A third generation, family-owned business, EE Wine, Inc., now trading as Wine Energy, employs more than 170 service-conscious individuals and operates a fleet of 30 trucks and vehicles. We sell over 33 million gallons of heating oil and other petroleum products every year and serve nearly 3000 residential and commercial customers throughout Northern Virginia. Additionally, our Retail Division proudly operates Wi-Not Stop convenience stores and a Marketplace. Our HVAC Division is Class A licensed by the state of Virginia to install the latest energy-efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, along with Crystal Clean Duct Services, to improve your air quality needs.
The Customer Service Representative/Cashier provides prompt, courteous customer service. Rings up sales on the cash register and properly handles money, checks and other forms of payment received for the products and/or services sold.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides prompt, courteous customer service
· Rings up sales on the cash register and properly handles money, check, and other forms of payment received for the products and/or services sold.
· Performs multi-function operation of the fuel console.
· Performs cleaning duties as necessary to maintain store cleanliness, as well as basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment in the store.
· Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
· Controls merchandise, cash shortages, and other selling expenses.
· Performs all duties with minimum supervision and works irregular hours as needed.
· Stand and/or walk up to eight hours per day.
· Lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead for up to 30 minutes per day. (e.g., stocking and maintaining inventory levels)
· Be exposed to occasional cold temperature extremes while performing occasional work in a walk-in cooler and/or freezer.
· Grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with hands up to eight hours per day (requiring eye-hand coordination and coordination of both hands for up to four hours per day).
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Perform the four basic arithmetic operations.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may require evening and weekend shifts.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to understand and follow instructions as given.
· Proficient with a telephone, cash register, fuel console, money order machine, microwave, grill, nacho machine, coffee grinder, etc.
· Must be able to properly handle and use cloth, paper, plastic, glass, rubber, liquids, cleaning solvents, etc.
· Ability to perform the essential duties and to work under the conditions described.
EE Wine reserves the right to change or modify job duties at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Needs and requirements may vary according to business necessity.