Penn Power Group, LLC (a leading service provider of total truck & trailer mobile maintenance and repair). is seeking an experienced Heavy-Duty Truck technician. In this position you will be responsible for handling the assigned inspection and repair of heavy-duty trucks to include preventative and non-scheduled maintenance, including inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing components and systems.
- Perform diagnostic, repair and maintenance on trucks, construction equipment, including auxiliary components in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Knowledgeable in the safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists and jacking equipment
- Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts as needed to execute repairs
- Adhere to manufacturer’s warranty policies and procedures
- Shall be consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resolving problems
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Skills to correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Knowledge in the safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists and jacking equipment
- Ability to Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts as needed to execute repairs
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical data via instruction manuals
- Diesel Engine Technical degree and/or training
- A valid driver’s license
You Might Also Have:
- CDL (Commercial Driver's License)
- Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic | Penn Power Group Careers
- Minimum of three years’ experience diagnosing, repairing and maintaining diesel engines in a shop, fleet or road side assistance.
- Own tools and excellent driving record
- Capability of independently analyzing and safely resolving problems
- Capacity to demonstrate technical knowledge of diesel systems, materials, methods and tools to perform, prioritize and complete work
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Annual Tool and Shoe Allowance; Uniforms
- On-going paid training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.